Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: You might be hopelessly addicted to aviation if....

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    That was exactly why my wife and I went to St. Martin on our honeymoon!
    What's funny is that my fiancee is reading this over my shoulder and laughing about it. I think I've landed myself a great one.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

EAA Staff / Moderator Charlie Becker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlOrton View Post
    If your spouse says, "Gee, Hon, why don't we sell our house and move into the hangar?"
    Any spouse who says this is a keeper !
    Sonex flight testing complete. Building a Super Cub clone, check it out at www.facebook.com/piratecub

- You can't find your car keys but know exactly where your log book is.

- Aircraft Spruce sends you a Valentine's Day card. And they recognize your voice when you call.

- Your pilot's license is in front of your driver's license in your wallet.

- You forget exactly what day your wedding anniversary is on but know when your biannual is due.

- You don't know your license tag number on the car you drive every day but rattle off your N number reflexively.

- Someone describes a car as a "sporty one" and you reply that they don't sell them.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Frank,

You've hit on one, I have 2 cars but can't remember the plate numbers, I know all of the "N" numbers of the aircraft I've flown! I drive almost every day and fly 2 or 3 times a month...hmmmmm!

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joe LaMantia View Post
    Frank,

You've hit on one, I have 2 cars but can't remember the plate numbers, I know all of the "N" numbers of the aircraft I've flown! I drive almost every day and fly 2 or 3 times a month...hmmmmm!

Joe
    But how often are you required to say your license plate number while driving?

The easier way to do it is just to get a vanity plate of your N-number. That's my plan for my next car.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

Steve,

Good idea! Now I'll have to choose to a favorite airplane....hmmmm! Life is full of choices.

Joe

- Aircraft Spruce sends you a Valentine's Day card. And they recognize your voice when you call.
    If they recognize your voice and respond with "Hey Steve, what would you like a sample of to set fire to this time?"

- You forget exactly what day your wedding anniversary is on but know when your biannual is due.
    You know why all the numbers I have reserved involve the date my fiancee and I are getting married right?

Your birthday, date of first check ride, biannual, and wedding day could all be 1 January and you'd still forget it.

Trust me on this.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

I've been married before and I still remember the anniversary of the wedding, the day we started dating and her birthday despite the fact that I'd like to forget all of those things and the horrible mistake of wasting a few years of my life with her.

I got married 2 days after my birthday, so I never forget the anniversary!

Joe