Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: You might be hopelessly addicted to aviation if....

We were married on July 4. Always have fireworks on our wedding anniversaries.
    We did a brief honeymoon locally (Margy had a class on the Monday following). We did our real honeymoon at Oshkosh and the week or so afterward wandering around the various Frank Lloyd Wright and other architectural sites in Wisconsin/Chicago.

My wife shares both my interest in flying (as pointed out we're both taking hits off the 100LL crack pipe) and architecture.
    Her favorite Xmas gift this year was the Lego Robie House kit.

Of course, those tendancies led us to construct the house we did (on an airport): http://www.ronnatalie.com/house.html
    Last edited by FlyingRon; 02-10-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlOrton View Post
    If your dining room table holds your completed horizontal stabilizer until it's ready for mating with the fuselage.
    The whole canopy of the Navion was upside down in the Living room for a while while my wife replaced the headliner.
    If your spouse says, "Gee, Hon, why don't we sell our house and move into the hangar?"
    Done that.
    If your family can sit around the dinner table and have entire conversations using nothing but acronyms. (ATC son, pilot son, soon-to-be pilot wife, and me).
    My father is an aviation-industry lawyer (though not a pilot, he picks it up a lot from his clients). My son-in-law we are trying to get hooked. I took him for a ride in our plane the day after he married our daughter.

You might be hopelessly addicted to aviation if....

Your one of your email addresses is the N number of your first airplane.
    N6268L@ - - -

Your wife is hopelessly addicted to aviation if.... your wife makes you sit in the right seat every time you fly together.

You quiz your wife in preperation for her check ride, asking her "In our airplane, where is the fire extinguisher ?" and she replies: "Under YOUR (right) seat."

Quote Originally Posted by uncleleon View Post
    Your one of your email addresses is the N number of your first airplane.
    N6268L@ - - -
    No, but the license plate on her car is the airplane's N number (and they're National Air and Space Museum plates). She asked why I put the N number on her car. I asked her what her license plane number was before (no clue) and then I asked her what it is now. She also has a "I'd rather be flying my Navion" license plate frame around it.

...when your wife/girlfriend asks you to talk about ANYTHING else but aviation, even politics.
    Shannon Coleman
    www.flyataildragger.com
    Aeronca L-3, Piper J-3

Quote Originally Posted by escapepilot View Post
    ...when your wife/girlfriend asks you to talk about ANYTHING else but aviation, even politics.
    It's funny because my fiancee encourages me to talk aviation around her dad to get him off of talking about politics while we are over visiting her parents. The man is a math geek so it's easy to distract him with discussions of drag coefficients, etc.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

I am just in high school and I am already addicted. Whenever I look at the clock and it says a time such as 7:07 or 7:47 I immediately think of the Boeing 707 or 747. Or how throughout the school I am known as the kid who flies planes. We did a thing a while back about describing people with one word, my word was Aviator. Even my email includes the words addicted and aviation. I have caught the addiction young, but I am sure glad I did.

There's a lot worse things to be addicted to, Ryan. Especially for a teenager.
    Shannon Coleman
    www.flyataildragger.com
    Aeronca L-3, Piper J-3

...you go to an FAA Safety Seminar because you get to talk airplanes and flying with other pilots.

...you carry the plans to your airplane with you to the doctor's office to have something interesting to read (having read Sport Aviation four times already).

...and leave your copy of Sport Aviation in the magazine rack in the hopes of speading the virus.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    - - Your pilot's license is in front of your driver's license in your wallet.
    And when someone wants to see your I.D., that's what you hand them. They look at it and say "what is this?" I do that all the time.