Thread: vertical take off and landing made easy, safe and cheap - www.tsvls.net

vertical take off and landing made easy, safe and cheap - www.tsvls.net

Please spread the word about my work. I've been pitching the government and big business for ten years with no results. I'm looking for an angel investor so I can demo at oshkosh in July. I need about $20,000 to do it with a working pav. You never know who will step up, so tell everyone you know. Thanks for your help.

More information is needed. If you do not want to give info publicly, contact me off line. A general concept, power source, lift source, top speed and fuel consumption should not give away your concept or affect patent process.

It looks like a ducted fan with airfoil shaped, stator supports providing counter-torque. Of course there is some loss of air momentum due to the by-product drag from the counter-torque lift. Mechanically, simple, but from an efficiency standpoint, there are challenges.

The original, Hiller 'flying platforms' used counter-rotating props to handle the torque so both efficiently moved air through the duct. There is history of dual-rotor, helicopters having greater lift per unit of engine power than single rotor units with counter-torque tail rotors.

Bob Wilson

There's also a history of unsuccessful dreamers trying to fly with direct lift ducted fans... few ever get airborne, fewer still get airborne under control. This doesn't look like one of the few.

I like it as I like all the personal aerial transportation ideas. Can't wait to see it fly!

The Israelis put a lot of work and effort into this lift fan concept recently and have not found a suitable solution. Heller also was unable to make a practical machine even though they tried a follow on version to the one popular in photographs. The later version had a much longer duct and stood nearly 10 feet tall with the pilot on board. Therefore the question previously about the power plant. Light weight reliable power is required. Generally more that is currently available. The Williams Jet platform solved the power problem but with too low of mass flow rate. If I were to work this problem I would determine a maximum down flow velocity and work from there to determine a rotor diameter. When this is done the larger diameter rotor of the 50s De Lackkner DH-5 aedrocycle (http://www.vectorsite.net/avplatfm.html) is required and the duct becomes a handicap. If you happen to be the angel investor the author is looking for, I suggest you consider talking in more detail with me. I am a mechanical engineer and have been working similar projects since the 60's including the Williams equipment.

Have you considered looking into Kickstarter to achieve funding? You could put it in the "Technology" section I would imagine.

http://www.kickstarter.com/
    Dave Sterling
    1957 PA22-150/160
    N6929D
    Website