I am considering the purchase of an Aeronca 11 CC Super Chief. My use of it will be strictly VFR. It has a recent annual and a prebuy inspection of it will be performed by my A&P before a final commitment is made. Some things are needed though, because I want them. First, the aircraft has no com radio (an ICom handheld has filled this need in the past) and, there is an top-mounted antenna cabled into the cockpit where the previous radio was connected. Second there is no VOR and although this may seem a bit old fashioned to some I will require that also. Second, there is no electrical system: therefore no starter. This will have to be added. Third, since the new flying environment will be near a TSRA and travel expected will be near a Class C Airspace, I think there should also be a transponder. These needs do overlap and complicate one another some but I believe are necessary. So, my questions to those qualified to speak to them are:

What electrical system packages are available for this kind of application. And, how much of a burden in terms of weight and, if engine driven, mechanical load would they place on the Continental C-85-8F ? Is it feasible to mount the battery in the firewall forward area ?

Are there wind driven turbines which can drive a generator of sufficient capacity for the above needs ? Do these arrangements constitute a significant aeronautical burden to affect the overall aircraft flying characteristics ?

I am interested in any opines on this but also hope to hear from some who have actually done some or all of them to an aircraft of this kind.

EDGEFLY