Thread: Pt-19

Pt-19

As a member of the Military Aircraft Preservation Socety in Canton Ohio, I along with 3 other members are restoring a PT-19 (Cornell). We have the original engine which we know ran well when last used.

Our concern is the carburater. It is a Marvil Schebler Model MA-4-5. Serial No. 39-13017. We have no information about this carb.

It would be helpful to have a manual as well as a location for parts or a new carb.

Thanks for any help you can give us.

DPutnam

Marvel-Schebler

Each engine (and sub designation) has a Marvel-Schebler Part No. associated with it. Try:

Ted Van Laningham at VelocityShoppe@gmail.com

He is the old El Reno Aviation carburetor shop and should be able to help you.

A Google search on "Marvel Schebler MA4-5" turns up quite a few hits, including .PDFs of manuals. Although most of them are for installations other than the Ranger, it should still be useful info.

See: http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=Marvil+Schebler+Mode l+MA-4-5&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

h
    ope this helps,
    Blake

The good folks at TEMPEST bought Marvel Schebler from the folks in Washington that have been the caretaker of the brand for a while. Go to www.tempestplus.com . They should have what you need. I may also have the overhaul manual for 4-5 and could make you a copy and may well have the pages for the parts listing for that 10- number carb. Get in touch with me at <iterk@aol.com> if you need these.