Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dispensing/transporting avgas and the FAR's

I don't know about other states, but here in Connecticut you can apply to the state once a year for a refund of the state portion of motor fuel taxes paid on fuel used for off highway use.

Not in Wisconsin to my knowledge (someone please correct me) as when I had my Cherokee with the auto fuel STC I religiously kept track of it for a year and then was told I couldn't apply for a refund or deduct on my taxes.
    Mike
    If God had intended man to fly He would have given us more money!

Here in Alabama it can only be waived for agricultural use.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Berg View Post
    I've always wondered why we aren't allowed to deduct the road tax when we use mogas in our aircraft. Obviously the only road use it gets is in a 5 gallon can in the back of my pickup.

Mike
    state by state thing, i bet. i know arizona and florida do it because i've lived both places. apply to state, they pull it from the road tax section, apply it to the aviation tax section (both state and federal), and refund the difference. at least, they say they move it from fund to fund, and i trust the government. if aviators don't file, or if the state doesn't allow us to file, then the aviation fund gets shortchanged when we use autogas in aircraft. not good.