Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flying Club Software

EAA Staff / Moderator Charlie Becker's Avatar

Flying Club Software

Any suggestions on good software to run a flying club? I've found a few online but I'd like to hear from some end users about what is best.

Thanks in advance.
    Sonex flight testing complete. Building a Super Cub clone, check it out at www.facebook.com/piratecub

Do you mean scheduling software? Both of my partnerships use tak-off.com and it works great.
    John Smutny

Life is not a journey to the grave intending of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Damn, what a ride!

EAA Staff / Moderator Charlie Becker's Avatar
    Yes, I'm looking for software to allow club members to schedule the aircraft.
    Sonex flight testing complete. Building a Super Cub clone, check it out at www.facebook.com/piratecub

We use Aircraftclubs.com - it is not free, but it works good

I will second Mike's recommendation on Aircraftclubs.com, my club uses it and it's very friendly. We have two aircraft and can schedule either on from the same site, in addition it has a lot of nice features like keeping all the documents for each aircraft on file, like POH, Wt & Bal, GPS manuals, ect. If your club has a lot of members you can set-up a membership directory and each member can input a profile. It also can be used to set up alerts on Medical renewals, and BFR's along with a member wide broadcast for maintenances squarks.

Joe

The other nice thing is you can lock members out if they don't meet requirements for medical, bfr, etc., although since several of our members don't have medicals & only fly with an instructor or other legal PIC we don't normally use that feature.

Yes Mike,

I've actually set it up to lock me out of the schedule when my Medical expires, and I get a reminder when my BFR is due.

Joe

When I lived down in Madison, our flying club used AircraftClubs.com as well. It's a nice tool.

~Chris
    Christopher Owens (EAA #808438, VAA #723276)
    Germantown, WI
    Bearhawk Plans #991, Bearhawk Patrol Plans #P313

Flying club software

A suggestion; you might check with the East Hill Flying Club which is based at KITH, Ithaca N.Y. They have several aircraft and a significant membership with software online which allows time slot reservations, coordinated assignment of several flight instructors to students and certificated members, obviously monitors member records for eligibility and I assume keeps club records for aircraft maintenance requirements etc. This is a little different than the usual club configurations with fewer members but is certainly worth consideration if you are interested in a larger activity.

A contact there is David St. George, Chief Instructor. There is more info on www.ehfc.net.

EDGEFLY

Tucson Soaring Club uses Schedule-Now.net. Hundred and twenty members and seven club ships. Because we are a voluntary organization we also have to schedule duty slots such as Line Chief, Tow Pilot and Timekeeper. In addition to scheduling as a club tool it has a place for discussion groups, news, photos, and election ballots. It has worked well for us.