Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFO Sightings

Banned

Shocked UFO Sightings

Have you every had a UFO sighting while flying or reported one to authorities?

LOL Yeah, there have been plenty of things that I can't identify in the skies....at least until I go pull out an airplane identification book or stop and think about the weather conditions. I love how the media has spun it that anything in the sky that some uneducated hillbilly can't identify is automatically aliens down here to molest said redneck, mutilate his cows and put geometric designs in the local fields. That's always good for a laugh.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

Quote Originally Posted by steveinindy View Post
    LOL Yeah, there have been plenty of things that I can't identify in the skies....at least until I go pull out an airplane identification book or stop and think about the weather conditions. I love how the media has spun it that anything in the sky that some uneducated hillbilly can't identify is automatically aliens down here to molest said redneck, mutilate his cows and put geometric designs in the local fields. That's always good for a laugh.
    Don't forget the sucking out brains part.
    Someday I'll come up with something profound to put here.

Quote Originally Posted by anymouse View Post
    don't forget the sucking out brains part.
    chupacabra!!!!!!!!!

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

FWIW I suppose this is one of those uneducated hillbillies

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=dvPR8T1o3Dc

(It's astronaut Gordon Cooper)
    Last edited by MickYoumans; 01-27-2012 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anymouse View Post
    Don't forget the sucking out brains part.
    Hay, I believe that part. I know of several pilots who apparently had had their brains sucked out.

One has to wonder how one comes to the point where assuming that:
    1. Intelligent life has developed on another distant planet
    2. They happened to develop to look like us in general body layout
    3. They have developed technology that far exceeds our own
    4. They use said technology in ways that baffle the imagination.
    ....is a more rational answer to people seeing things that that they can't explain than realizing that failure to identify something or because one individual can't figure out what they saw does not necessarily imply anything beyond that fact (they couldn't identify what they saw).

Whatever happened to Occam's razor?
    Last edited by steveinindy; 01-26-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MEdwards View Post
    Hay, I believe that part. I know of several pilots who apparently had had their brains sucked out.
    Only several???
    Bill

I recall a time we were flying a UH-1 over central Missouri one evening with night vision goggles. I was the first to spot it- looked like a aircraft some ways off with its landing light on. Told the Pilots about it- they had me keep an eye on it. 30 seconds later- it looked like it was coming straight at us- and now there was 3 of them! Pilots called STL center and asked if there was any traffic in the area- negative.
    It kept coming right at us- at our altitude- to the point where the pilots took evasive action- "They" went over us at what looked like 500 ft or so. The pilots were pretty shaken by this- called STL center- "Umm, well whatever wasn't there just went over us, looked like a real fast mover..."

30 seconds later- STL came back with- "Guard helicopter, what you just saw was a Russian missile booster, impacted in west Illinois..........."
    Sure enough, it was on the news the next night

Banned

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by David Darnell View Post
    I recall a time we were flying a UH-1 over central Missouri one evening with night vision goggles. I was the first to spot it- looked like a aircraft some ways off with its landing light on. Told the Pilots about it- they had me keep an eye on it. 30 seconds later- it looked like it was coming straight at us- and now there was 3 of them! Pilots called STL center and asked if there was any traffic in the area- negative.
    It kept coming right at us- at our altitude- to the point where the pilots took evasive action- "They" went over us at what looked like 500 ft or so. The pilots were pretty shaken by this- called STL center- "Umm, well whatever wasn't there just went over us, looked like a real fast mover..."

30 seconds later- STL came back with- "Guard helicopter, what you just saw was a Russian missile booster, impacted in west Illinois..........."
    Sure enough, it was on the news the next night

Thanks David, great story. The replies prior to yours suggested there wasn't much intelligent life out there. Let's get more 'in the moment' flight experiences like yours on this thread.