In reading the topic about the pilot who is getting back into flying after a long layoff and is nervous to solo.

Sometimes our mental attitude, even if unconscious, can make learning easier or difficult.

There are people today who would make it a hard thing to learn to drive in a manual shift car. I have heard people say, Oh, I can't drive a stick shift; almost as if they don't have the DNA to learn.
But back in 1940, no one thought like that, they just learned to drive, with whatever there was at the time.

Same with flying a tailwheel airplane, some folks today, and some CFIs act like learing in a tailwheel is an imposing obstacle. But no one thought that back in the 30s, a tailwheel airplane was what they had and no big deal.

I grew up in Texas, where good football and good bar b q was the norm. BUt NOT SNOW, and certainly not snow skiiing. So Texans have almost a mental block against learnig to snow ski, even if they are otherwise a good athlete.
I now live in Colorado. Kids here grow up where learnig to ski or snow board is just normal, virtually no one unless they have some phyical problem, would ever handicap themselves with negative thinking about learning to ski.

Don't let a negative attitude hold you back.