Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First Timer... Need Advice

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Rochester, MN, Rochester, MI, Rochester, NH, or the home of the nearly defunct optical company ??
    Rochester, NY - here's their site with info on last year's Airlift:

http://eaa44.org/oshkosh.htm

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

I need to find someone to "airlift" us from Indiana!
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

I hope your plans come together. If you do camp in Scholler when you are at the registration area please let the volunteers (orange vests) know that you are a first timer. If there is enough manpower we may be able to help you find a spot or at the very least point you in the right direction. Most of the volunteers on the registration ramp are long-long time campers and are knowledabe on the camp grounds. If they can't answer a question they can point you to someone who can.

My opinion only but finding a friendly aircraft owner and camping under his wing about rows 70 to 95 south of air show center is heaven on earth. You will see more everyday then you will in a life time of airplane watching any where else. F-16 running off the end of the runway, dream liner land and take off, flying boats land and have the gear collapse, Rousch do his yard dart impersonation, I mean everyday there is something going on along the north south runway. I do not remember the aircraft but a larger airliner coming in under less then ideal conditions to 18 imitating the pattern of a crop duster because of ceiling and visibility. Nothing flying as this guy approaches from the east, south of 27 and makes what looks like a fighter pass to land on 18 in front me sitting in my lawn chair enjoying the whole thing! Larry
    No matter how far you push the envelope; its still stationary!

Amen, Larry! My buddy would fly up in a friends Baron, and usually end up being parked on the end of the row right next to the grass taxiway; usually in the row 75 neighborhood. GREAT spot to just sit under the wing and observe. Having all the lawn chairs right in the Baron didn't hurt, either...

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton