Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: User Fees again?

User Fees again?

Getting the flood of emails about user fees again, and of course the associated requests for money to prevent them. I really appreciate the various groups fighting against the fees, but it seems like this is becoming a yearly event. So, we are paying a yearly fee to prevent a fee. I'm not saying we need to give up the fight, but what is it going to take to finally end this so that it doesn't come up again?

It seems that they will come year after year untill we become lazy, Lack of Apathy by not recruiting young aviators or are busy infighting amoug ourselfs about about who should be in the Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by rawheels View Post
    what is it going to take to finally end this so that it doesn't come up again?
    Just to hazard a guess, probably a POTUS that is a private pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Baughman View Post
    Just to hazard a guess, probably a POTUS that is a private pilot.
    doubt it.

[SIZE=12pt]Personal Information[/SIZE]
    GEORGE WALKER BUSH

Address is not available

[SIZE=12pt]Medical[/SIZE]
    No Medical Available.

Certificates
    COMMERCIAL PILOT
    Date of Issue: 12/8/1969
    Certificate: COMMERCIAL PILOT Print this certificate
    Ratings:
    COMMERCIAL PILOT
    AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND
    AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND
    INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE

I just got another AOPA alert on this subject and it is really getting old. This keeps coming up because we have a party that won't pass any major bills under the current President. The Nextgen funding bill is suppose to take the FAA forward with a long term plan to upgrade ATC, user fees are buried in this pile of paperwork. We have plenty of congressional support to keep user fees out coming from both parties, but we've got 80 "representatives" who will not vote for any long-term spending, so we get all these little short-term funding bills that bring up the big issues every 3 months. This is why the public approval rating for congress is at an all time low!

Joe

Sorry, the POTUS is the wrong guy to look to.

Congress is the focus; it's the lack of folks with general aviation ties that causes concerns.

This is why AOPA and EAA efforts with the aviation caucus is so critical.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

It does seem like most of the recent emails are pointing fingers at the President this time. Maybe he thinks he can get some PAC money from EAA & AOPA for the election campaign.

If I'm reading it right it's a hundred dollars every use of ATC services? What exactly is that considered? and how many non commercial pilots actually use ATC? Sure would make it tough around a Class-B,C airspace but a boom for the smaller dying airports, hangars would be full from big city/airport exodus.

Apparently the current proposal doesn't apply to "recreational piston aircraft":

Anyone who lives in Illinois knows that Chicago politicians are real good about the camel's nose - tent thing, and I don't believe they have defined "recreational" anywhere.

Does this mean if I fly a club plane on a business trip I have to pay? I don't believe I have ever flown in uncontrolled airspace, there isn't much of that around these parts.