Thread: Help with a Wright 3350 Compound turbo engine.

Goggles Help with a Wright 3350 Compound turbo engine.

I just bought "possibly a new reman engine" that has been in a container and cosmolened. The engine is mostly complete and I am in the process of closing any open ports in order to hot wash it to get the gunk off. I need to know where I can get manuals and maitenence manuals. Web accessible would be fine if I had a link. This engine is a long time dream to mount it on a trailer and run it at events. I will be doing a boroscope on the cylinders tomorrow. I do need the 36 spark plugs "used" would be fine for what I am doing. I will also need some misc. parts. Any help in the Carteret Count area of NC. would be fun and maybe even bring some memories back to some of our veterans of the wars etc.
    Thanks in advance and you can email me at andrew@a1mds.com

At $25 per plug these days you won't see many plugs that are in working order, wash that sucker with mineral sprits, and yes it does bring back memories of staying up all night trying to make the morning launch.

You might try talking with the CAF- just had a nice writeup on the Wright Compounds that they built for "Fifi" a few months ago

Not sure who CAF is. Maybe some detail. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by David Darnell View Post
    You might try talking with the CAF- just had a nice writeup on the Wright Compounds that they built for "Fifi" a few months ago

Quote Originally Posted by andrewo View Post
    Not sure who CAF is. Maybe some detail. Thanks
    CAF is the Commermorative Air Force and they represent some of the best collection of war birds flying today. They are organized by Squadrons or Wings located across the US, and each on maintains a selected group of war bird. The Squadron that maintains FIFI can be found at www.cafb29b24.org

Youre a brave soul. The very next thing you should consider doing is joining the AEHS :http://www.enginehistory.org/. There you will find all the help you will need before you spend another dime. Just nose around the site and join up. You will find all the resources you will need for your project. I have an R-2800 I'm building and there are several folks with 3350's, 4360's, R-2800's Allison 1710's, Merlin 1650's and engines you've never heard of operating in your neighborhoon, or close by. There are parts and part rebuilders and manuals you will need. E-bay is an excellent source as well as guys in the AEHS getting rid of their stuff.