View Poll Results: Is A Rand Robinson KR-1 A Safe Airplane?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 71.43%
  • No

2 28.57%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rand Robinson KR-1 Crashable?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    No matter what their role, I refer to anyone in the right or backseat of an aircraft I'm in as hostages.
    I've been flying a single-seat aircraft almost exclusively for the past twenty years (and for a time before that). Occasionally, on Unicom, I'll refer to a Cessna 172 as a "Crowd Killer" or a "Cessna Heavy".....

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    I've been flying a single-seat aircraft almost exclusively for the past twenty years (and for a time before that). Occasionally, on Unicom, I'll refer to a Cessna 172 as a "Crowd Killer" or a "Cessna Heavy".....

Ron Wanttaja
    That is funny right there. I have to remember this and use it...Ron you crack me up.....lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Frank, I've looked on-line, mr. Google and in my POH and I can't find the weight for the system other than the words "lightweight". I'm a member of the Cessna Pilots Association, I'll contact the tech team there, they know everything. If I get the number I'll post it here.
    Frank, I got the number directly from the horses mouth. The national sales manager for AmSafe wrote to me in an email: "We use a ball park figure of 1.5 pounds per seat" and sent me relevant weight and balance AmSafe/Cessna documentation.