Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Drunk Pilot... ugh this is not the PR GA needs.

I've always wanted to start up a Jewish pilots club similiar to the real existing Jewish motorcycle clubs but I can't come up with a snappy name for it like they have: Kikes on Bikes and Yids on Wheels.
    There's a Jewish flying club already: It's called the Israeli Air Force.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

missing the point

It is looking like I am not explaining myself very well. I have no problem with jokes and humor. The Monty Python movies are some of my favorites. Im sure I have told my share of off color and for sure, not politically correct jokes. And I have laughed at them when told by others. The issue I have is the perception of the public at an air show sponsored by the EAA. I would not have a problem with the drunk pilot skit IF the show was closed to only EAA members. But it isn't. How can the EAA expect any credibility when they are asking for changes in the medical requirements when they are paying for a show showing a drunk pilot? I don't think they can. I think we have about best this to death now and obvious we all have different opinions. That is fine and as it should be.
    Happy flying!

The thing is that they're not showing a drunk pilot. They're showing a pilot with amazing skills who uses the opaque ruse of being drunk as a pretext for demonstrating them.

Hate to ruin it for you, but Dean Martin was drinking tea all those years, not whiskey; and Foster Brooks was stone sober during his act as well.

Anyhow, as the bumper sticker says, Shalom, Y'all...

(Jew 2.0 here, btw)
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Chai flyers

There is/was a Jewish flying club in the Detroit area called the Chai Flyers. Chai is a Hebrew letter and a word spelled with the letters het and yud and means to "life".

Shalom!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by danielfindling View Post
    There is/was a Jewish flying club in the Detroit area called the Chai Flyers. Chai is a Hebrew letter and a word spelled with the letters het and yud and means to "life".

Shalom!
    Daniel, and a Shalom to you too! Wow, I've obviously been hanging out in the wrong flying circles all these years. In less than 12 hours I have come to know 3 additional Jewish flyers(includes Frank if he's serious about the Jew 2.0 and Shalom y'all remarks). That's 50% more than in my entire flying life. I'd like to hear from others. Seven more and we'll have a minyan!

Thanks for letting me know about the Chai Flyers. I'm checking to see if they still exist. It's also worth pointing out to the non-tribe members that "Chai" is pronounced "high" so they get the joke reference.

Ok, Rockwood, in a perfect sense the "drunk pilot" act might have been better if it was done as just a crazy farmer act , as has been done for decades and if Kyle or any pilot would have left off the part about pretending to drink a beer or to be drunk.
    Why don't you write that suggestion, politely to Kyle ,and ICAS the airshow professional organization and magazine. I am sure Google or EAA will have the adresses.

Please be aware that Kyle lost his wife in a tragic airshow accident just 2 years ago; due to an engine failure and fire, and no alcohol was involved.

Clarification - Jew 2.0 = Christian. You know, ultra-reformed.

But one does see a few "Shalom, Y'all" bumper stickers around. One must go to a kosher BBQ to fully appreciate the fullness of the Southern American Jewish community.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.