Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: EAA cuts

It is unfortunate for those involved and I hope they quikly find new employment. However, I belive that it will actually streamline things and allow better communicaton within the organazation. I take it as a positive move on the behalf of EAA to effeciently utilize our assets to help preserve the organization that we all love.

The news release doesn't indicate where the personnel cuts came from or what percentage of total personnel the loss represents. The cuts must have come from administrative, maintenance and service areas.

It looks like a case of worker bees being fired to hire three new VPs. Surely a difficult day for those who were let go.

Don

I don't think we can release the names of those that left for their own privacy, but I'm sure they will be known with some time. I can assure you your "case" is not the case.
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Jensen View Post
    Oh, the official mission statement at EAA is "To Grow Participation in Aviation".
    Sooo... this is the new mission statement?

The old mission statement was discussed a few weeks ago in the Sport Aviation thread and was available at that time on the website.
    The old mission did not include factory new aircraft marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    Sooo... this is the new mission statement?

The old mission statement was discussed a few weeks ago in the Sport Aviation thread and was available at that time on the website.
    The old mission did not include factory new aircraft marketing.

All was good until someone brought that up........now we know who the troublemaker is....lol.

Change is never easy. I am both sad (for those no longer a part of EAA and who contributed to its greatness) and excited to see if EAA becomes a better organization. As with any entity, the buck falls on management. EAA has a new leader in Rod Hightower, who has recently made bold choices to which he either deserves credit or responsibility. We will see where the journey takes us. I look forward to a stronger and healthier EAA.

Daniel Findling

Change is good. As one that has been on both sides of the desk I can tell you those affected will survive and usually end up in an equal to or better position. There was no doubt Rod was going to make changes. That is why new management is brought into an organization. I do think Adam will be missed.

"To grow participation in aviation" is certainly evident as a goal to anyone that has attended AirVenture or has been exposed to the numerous EAA programs. Growing aviation must be a top priority and what difference does it make if that growth comes through a homebuilt, warbird, vintage, antique, ultralight, aerobatic, helicopter or factory new aircraft.

Below is from the EAA web site and describes in a nutshell where EAA came from and what it is now:

"EAA was founded in 1953 by a group of individuals in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, who were interested in building their own airplanes. Through the decades, the organization expanded its mission to include antiques, classics, warbirds, aerobatic aircraft, ultralights, helicopters, and contemporary manufactured aircraft."

South Maintenance has been spared. Those are some hard working peolpe over there that keep all of our stuff going !

Few of my friends where on the cutting side. Sad to see them go. Not sure what will happen to their departments in the long run. Will be interesting to see what Mac will do with whats left of the photo and video staff now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Jensen View Post
    Was a rough day at EAA today...The Young Eagles/Eagle Flight Programs are not going away, but will fall under Jeff Skiles now. Steve Buss and Ron Wagner are still here (as is Sue Lurvey).
    So is the Flying mag article wrong. They have Steve Buss on the chopping block.