Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: EAA cuts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    What I did find interesting amongst the modest amount of data presented, is that on page 6 there is a statement that EAA membership grew by 7.1 percent in fiscal 2010, while at the same time, on page 10, membership dues and subscriptions income declined by about 0.3 percent during the same period.
    Are there Young Eagle "memberships" in that count? That could account for "members up, dues down".

Quote Originally Posted by homebuiltairplane View Post
    In response to asking what my source was for stating that there was talk of giving pay raises to the VP's, what does it matter? My question is it true or not? If I say my source is Tinkerbell but it is true, IT IS STILL TRUE. So far no one has said IT IS NOT TRUE. I hope my source is wrong... I'd like to think that EAA isn't so obtuse as to not understand how it looks. I'd like to think EAA's executives are working for the members. But so far I'm not seeing ANYTHING to convince me.
    Excuse me sir (or madam) but the original announcement said the cuts were not done for economic or financial reasons but were for strategic reasons to position the organization to take advantage of opportunities for future growth.

Quote Originally Posted by vaflier View Post
    Does anyone know if Adam Smith is still around, or was he downsized ?. Recently tried to contact him and have not received a response. I understand that if he is still there he may just be swamped with all the changes.
    If you are interested, Adam can still probably be contacted through his Facebook page

I would guess that some of the growth in memberships is due to the Young Eagles student memberships and the 6 month Trial memberships that Chapters can give to adults. I think both of these are good investments in the future "paid" membership in the organization and our chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Are there Young Eagle "memberships" in that count? That could account for "members up, dues down".
    Another count to consider are the trial members. While I'm not exactly sure how EAA accounts for these temporary memberships, I do know that trial members are assigned member numbers and granted full benefits. From the discussions I've had, it seems to me that they are indeed, full members and would probably be counted as such.

Our chapter gave out several of these trial memberships in 2010.

Edit: Ya just snuck that info in right ahead of me Al. Ha! I would have to agree with your assessment.
    Last edited by Hangar10; 01-18-2012 at 09:13 AM.

May want to edit your post for that second word there Mark...
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

Wow! Thanks Chad.

Ya know...If I was to consider resigning my membership in EAA, it would probably not be because of magazine content, or reorganization at the corporate level! It would probably be that I got tired of all the bitching that goes on about magazine content and the distrust of the leadership. But, I won't resign - I'll just not read all the negative comments.....
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375
    65LA out of 07N Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by rosiejerryrosie View Post
    But, I won't resign - I'll just not read all the negative comments.....
    I'm with you Jerry!
    Jim Hann
    EAA 276294 Lifetime
    Vintage 722607
    1957 Piper PA-22/20 "Super Pacer"
    Chapter 32 member www.eaa32.org
    www.mykitlog.com/LinerDrivr
    Fly Baby/Hevle Classic Tandem

I belive the EAA is going to need all of the resurces it can spare at their disposal to defend our right to fly.. If you really think about it, the EAA needs to be run like a bussiness to positon itself to be able to defend a sport that we all hold dear. We need to increase our numbers and promote youth programs with a combination of voulunters, freindly corporations and a staff that effeciently manages our resources and donations. Year after year user fees are constanly proposed and the fight is not cheap.. Like it or not, we are all in this together and it requires a little tolarnce and understanding from everyone to secure our access to the sky.

My chapter has been working hard inviting local represenatives our our functions and I am pleased to announce I was replaced as Chapter president by a 24 year old.