Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: EAA cuts

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grunloh View Post
    I really liked Adam Smith and feel his departure is a big loss for EAA.
    Several in our neck of the woods share the same sentiment.

Same here. Can't be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Jensen View Post
    Was a rough day at EAA today...The Young Eagles/Eagle Flight Programs are not going away, but will fall under Jeff Skiles now. Steve Buss and Ron Wagner are still here (as is Sue Lurvey).
    Chad... Update this, please?

Pay Raises?

So... Would anyone like to comment on the fact that Rod was advocating for pay raise for himself and the VP's to help them feel better about make these hard decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grunloh View Post
    I really liked Adam Smith and feel his departure is a big loss for EAA.
    I echo this sentiment. Adam spoke to Chapter 32 at our Christmas Banquet a few years back, Janet even flew him down! He is a wonderful gent and I wish him well in whatever he does next.

Jim
    Jim Hann
    EAA 276294 Lifetime
    Vintage 722607
    1957 Piper PA-22/20 "Super Pacer"
    Chapter 32 member www.eaa32.org
    www.mykitlog.com/LinerDrivr
    Fly Baby/Hevle Classic Tandem

Quote Originally Posted by McGyver View Post
    Chad... Update this, please?
    The only update to that post would be that Steve did decide to leave EAA on his own on Friday morning. I didn't know he had left until he had already left the building, so I didn't have a chance to talk to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by homebuiltairplane View Post
    So... Would anyone like to comment on the fact that Rod was advocating for pay raise for himself and the VP's to help them feel better about make these hard decisions.
    Source?
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmutz View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks that a massive cut like this is a sign of bad leadership at EAA HQ? Perhaps not Rod's, but maybe Tom's? Obviously somebody went wrong somewhere. I can't see a reason to make a big change like this now unless a big mistake was made in the past.

This downsizing, rightsizing, mass layoffs-take your pick- is not about "bad leadership", it clearly is about new leadership. Although EAA and the Foundation are NFP's, they are operated and managed like any other $multi-million corporation so when Hightower agreed to come on board, one of two scenarios likely occurred:

1. Hightower accepted the position on the condition that he could take a year or so to review the Association and Foundation and make changes and deploy resources as he saw fit; or

2. As a condition of being offered the position, Hightower was told by TP that his mandate included making major operational/organizational changes which would include substantial staff downsizing wthin a year or so of starting. After 40+ years, TP did not want to be responsible for staff cuts and therefore look like and be the bad guy.

Other questions

Is it true that peope were pink slipped and had to immediately leave the building? That seems extreme to me for this kind of organization. It's not like EAA is a nuke plant or other high security operation. I've always thought this was a very shabby way of treating loyal employees.
    David Reinhart
    ASN Volunteer/KFIT

it appears the rumor mill has reached Critical Mass. Hopefully it can be shutdown before full meltdown
    It's just one dam job after another

Brian C.
    Sport Air Racing League http://www.sportairrace.org/
    Race 155

Quote Originally Posted by hydroguy2 View Post
    it appears the rumor mill has reached Critical Mass.
    Rumor mills operate at a level that is inversely proportional to the factual information that has been released by the cognizant authorities. I expect the equivalent of a helium flash shortly.
    Bill