Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: N Numbers

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janet Davidson View Post
    I could come up with a few answers to your question, Marc, but I think Hal would get all cross with me ;-)
    I'm watching you ...

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangar10 View Post
    Yeah, that's awesome. A life long Maiden fan... why didn't I mention that?
    Mark....a very ignorant and totally unnecessary comment. Who the f**k made you arbiter and critic of someone's music tastes??

Quote Originally Posted by steveinindy View Post
    I'd stay away from any that have been in a fatal crash like airlines do with flight numbers. Also, I don't know about you but do you really want to be "that guy" with the 666 tail number?
    If you're into aerobatics, you might want to avoid 999 numbers as well. It turns into the devil's plane when you fly inverted.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Mark....a very ignorant and totally unnecessary comment. Who the f**k made you arbiter and critic of someone's music tastes??
    Not sure where you got the idea he was being critical of someone's music tastes. He was just indicating HIS tastes. Or is it YOU that's being critical???
    Someday I'll come up with something profound to put here.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Yeah, mouse gets it. I was speaking of MY taste in music, and commenting on the fact that I totally missed the opportunity to brag on my all time favorite band. Seriously, I was jumping off the parents coffee table with a blue bass in 1985 while jamming to Live After Death... wishing I was Steve Harris.

Anyhow... calm the F down over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Delene View Post
    I would pick one that's easy to pronounce & flows well.
    Like OU812 GU11, or in CANADA C SANK

Banned
    [QUOTE=Hangar10;8799]Yeah, mouse gets it. I was speaking of MY taste in music, and commenting on the fact that I totally missed the opportunity to brag on my all time favorite band. Seriously, I was jumping off the parents coffee table with a blue bass in 1985 while jamming to Live After Death... wishing I was Steve Harris.

Your reply to Janet sounded as if it was dripping with sarcasm and facetiousness to both of us and perhaps others who chose not to respond. Thank you for your clarification, I apologize for misinterpreting.

You might want to avoid a number that ends in Tango Uniform.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Back in the 60's when I was in the Air Force reserve we used the last 3 numbers of the Military registration. We had about 16 C-119G's and one was 999, but we never did any inverted flight. The C-119 had all it could do to get off the ground. We had 668 which was the squadron hanger queen and was commonly referred to as "sick, sick, ate". I wonder if somewhere in the Air Force or Navy inventory somebody's proudly flying 666!

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joe LaMantia View Post
    We had 668 which was the squadron hanger queen and was commonly referred to as "sick, sick, ate". Joe
    We had a F-106 tail #164, It's nickname wasn't very nice. "One sick Wh***"
    Joe Mikus, MSgt USAF (ret) Avionics Tech
    Perryville, MD
    Student Sport Pilot

You might want to avoid a number that ends in Tango Uniform.
    It may be the cold or the cold medicine, but I'm not picking up the reference there.

We had a F-106 tail #164, It's nickname wasn't very nice. "One sick Wh***"
    There's a guy with a homebuilt here that ends in "168" whose plane has the nickname of "one sick b****".