Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LSA Requirements

Quote Originally Posted by rosiejerryrosie View Post
    Not practical?? Just think. You walk into your attached garage, open the doors, drive to the airport, puch a button, roll down the runway, take off, fly to the next airport, land, punch another button, drive to the pizza place, eat lunch, drive back to the airport, push a button, take off and fly home. What's not practical???
    Not all pizza joints are open for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    Not all pizza joints are open for lunch.
    Then fly to another airport with an open restaurant and repeat the exercise....
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375
    65LA out of 07N Pennsylvania

But I don't like pizza. Can we get burgers this time?

Not practical?? Just think. You walk into your attached garage, open the doors, drive to the airport, puch a button, roll down the runway, take off, fly to the next airport, land, punch another button, drive to the pizza place, eat lunch, drive back to the airport, push a button, take off and fly home. What's not practical???
    Oops! Somebody bumped your car-plane with his door, and you've got a nice ding. Uh-oh, you got hit by another car there goes your plane AND car. I'd rather have a plane thats good for flying, and a car thats good for driving, not a vehicle that's bad at both.
    -Peter J. Carlson
    © 2011 Peter J. Carlson, All Rights Reserved
    "The air up there in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious. And why shouldn't it be? - it is the same the angels breathe." ~Mark Twain

Banned
    I'd rather have a plane thats good for flying, and a car thats good for driving, not a vehicle that's bad at both.[/QUOTE]

Don't know about the car portion, but everthing I've read on the flight testing to date indicates it's a pretty good flying airplane.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
    But I don't like pizza. Can we get burgers this time?
    Burgers work! you buying?
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing B-17G 42-231465 View Post
    Oops! Somebody bumped your car-plane with his door, and you've got a nice ding. Uh-oh, you got hit by another car there goes your plane AND car. I'd rather have a plane thats good for flying, and a car thats good for driving, not a vehicle that's bad at both.
    But how do you get your car to the destination airport? you must be flying a C119 or larger.....
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing B-17G 42-231465 View Post
    Not much different than somebody moving my airplane in the community hangar and dinging it. Still has to be repaired. Only difference is that it happened while at home and I don't have to worry how I'm gonna get home until its repaired. But if somebody dings my wingtip while I'm eating my pizza, I still have to worry about getting home. Maybe the answer to both problems, whether my airplane or my carplane is broken away from home, is to rent a car while the airplane is being repaired....
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375

Burgers work! you buying?
    Sure thing. I'm four miles from ILM NC

Then fly to another airport with an open restaurant and repeat the exercise....
    Airports with restaurants? Wazzat?

Down here we have vending machines.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.