i am a mechanic in canada involved in an import of a cessna 170b from the U.S. the owner of this machine bought it without making sure all the appropriate paperwork was with it. after numerous hoop jumping sessions with transport canada we are starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. this plane had the tri gear installed on it in 1956. because of missing paperwork there is no record of it being converted back to its current tail dragger status. i have a copy of the origional drawings but there is reference on them as to what should be done when converting it back to taildragger. if any of you owners have converted them back what was the procedure . i find it hard to believe that faa would require owners to remove all of the structure involved inthe origional installation . if i cant get any insight to my current obsticle transport canada will likely tell me to remove the floor and bring every thing back to origonal. this would be a big job as opposed to a simple change to the weight and balance report. hope someone has some guidance . thankyou