EAA Staff / Moderator
Anyone looking for an interesting career in warbirds?
Posted on the Warbird Information Exchange via Craigslist:
The B-29 / B-24 Squadron of the Commemorative Air Force is currently seeking to find a talented and hard-working individual who will help the organization achieve its ride selling revenue goals in 2012. This full time position is a unique job and includes lots of customer contact, travel on a World War II bomber, event planning and execution... and fun.
The B-29 / B-24 Squadron conducts "Living History" Bomber Rides on our rare WWII bombers at tour stops and airshows around the US. The ability to do these ride flights is an important part of our business model. Without this revenue, we would be unable to sustain the aircraft in flying condition.
The role of the Ride Coordinator / Marketing Manager is to plan, develop and direct the ride selling process including customer interaction/sales, ride marketing communications, planning and advertising. The Ride Coordinator / Marketing Manager will support a broad base of clients and execute on a variety of processes. The position is based in Addison, TX.
1. Acts as primary point of contact for external clients, primarily the customers who are purchasing rides on the bombers.
2. Carries the Squadron cell phone and is available to answer the phone, give information to prospective customers/airshow sponsors, and take ride orders.
3. Acts as primary point of contact with internal customers including Operations, PIO, marketing committee and Squadron members in the coordination of rides.
4. Manages the end-to-end marketing and campaign process for the "Living History" BOMBER RIDES.
5. Supervises and provides direction to the Ride Captains who are on the ground at Tour Stops.
6. Supervises the placement of advertising for Tour Stops. Helps to budget and plan in advance for the Tour Stop advertising.
7. Interfaces with the web team to develop online sales and helps to manage the process.
8. Develops and implements regular marketing plans as well as tactics.
9. Proactively analyzes and interprets marketing program results to drive future client marketing strategies and recommendations.
10. Develops strong understanding of products and services.
11. Builds internal client and external vendor relationships acting as key contact and attending regular planning and execution meetings.
12. Manages budgets for marketing programs and campaigns.
13. Supports company brand standards.
14. Manages continuous process improvement initiatives for the department.
15. Deliver results under pressure leading multiple projects to successful results.
16. 25% to 40% travel is required.
Skills and Experience:
3+ years marketing and brand experience. 4-year college degree in marketing or related field preferred.
Client management or product/brand management experience.
Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
Strong leadership and influencing skills.
Demonstrated working knowledge of core marketing elements including:
• Collateral material
• Direct mail
Strong marketing strategy and planning skills.
Results orientation, outstanding analytical skills and metrics savvy.
Creative and innovative abilities.
Strong Powerpoint, Excel, Word skills.
Experience with aviation history preferred.
The Commemorative Air Force is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information visit our web sites at: www.CAFb29b24.org www.CommemorativeAirForce.org
Hiring Organization: Commemorative Air Force
Compensation: up to $40,000 plus benefits
This is at a non-profit organization.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Man, why don't they have jobs like that here in Finland! I would apply in a second!