Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the heck is this

What the heck is this

I come here to see posts about aviation, but recently all it seems to be is a bunch of people bickering about types of energy, oil drilling and political views related to that. If I wanted that, I could go to a bunch of other forums, not the EAA forum. Perhaps it's time to leave here, since it doesn't seem to be about aviation any more.
    KSCessnaDriver
    ATP MEL, Commercial Lighter Than Air-Airship, SEL, CFI/CFII
    Private SES

From CessnaDriver, " I could go to a bunch of other forums".
    Well, why don't you do that, instead of critisizing and trying to be the authority on what someone else can or should write about.
    Or if you don't think the avgas topic is related to aviation, I'd guess you may not be paying for much of your own fuel.
    And not all of us are interested in "driving" Cessnas either.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 01-02-2012 at 12:05 PM.

All I'm trying to do is make the same point that the people who rant about the magazine not catering to their specific interests.

And honestly, if a 50 cent to 1 dollar increase in fuel is going to shut your flying down, you probably shouldn't have been anyway. I'd hate to see what kind of maintenance a person of that situation would skimp on.
    Last edited by kscessnadriver; 01-02-2012 at 05:31 PM.
    KSCessnaDriver
    ATP MEL, Commercial Lighter Than Air-Airship, SEL, CFI/CFII
    Private SES

So why not start a thread about aviation rather than bickering about people discussing subjects that have profound effects on aviation..

Quote Originally Posted by kscessnadriver View Post
    And honestly, if a 50 cent to 1 dollar increase in fuel is going to shut your flying down, you probably shouldn't have been anyway. I'd hate to see what kind of maintenance a person of that situation would skimp on.
    What planet are you living on? Fuel price here has more than doubled since the current "oil crisis" started.

* the "crisis" being almost 100% caused by speculation at the CME

Quote Originally Posted by kscessnadriver View Post
    All I'm trying to do is make the same point that the people who rant about the magazine not catering to their specific interests.

Well maybe its a $0.50 or $1.00 increase, and you don't care in your little Cessna 150 with 26 gallons capacity, yeah if gas costs $4.25 and goes to $5.25 you're only $26 more; however, if you fly a DC-3, you've got to fill about 822 gallons of gas, its going to cost you cost you about $600 more to fill up your plane, and thats a lot of money.
    -Peter J. Carlson
    © 2011 Peter J. Carlson, All Rights Reserved
    "The air up there in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious. And why shouldn't it be? - it is the same the angels breathe." ~Mark Twain

And if you fly a 182 and it goes from $3 & change to $7 in less than 10 years with no appreciable increase in your income what does that do to you??

Seerjfly
    Last edited by Seerjfly; 01-04-2012 at 09:06 AM.

I actually understand the sentiment behind the posters thread but I think it would be difficult to separate politics and oil at this point in our history. And, airplanes need fossil fuels to operate. And, avgas and power options are one of the big challenges general aviation face. And, pilot-starts are down and a large part of that is probably cost driven primarily by fuel. And, EAA is trying to become more of a "catch-all" type of organization (TBM articles in Sport Aviation and such) - so, threads like that are probably inevitable. And probably relevant to the aviation cause.

And not all of us are interested in "driving" Cessnas either.[/QUOTE]

Bill,

Hey...be mad at CessnaDriver not the Cessna airplane

P