I have a dilemma on my hands about dealing with food allergies while attending Air Venture. I would love to bring my 7-year old daughter with me to Oshkosh, but I知 concerned about getting her appropriate food to eat. She is allergic to dairy (anything made with milk, cheese or eggs), nuts, and potatoes. This restriction cuts out just about all the food that is available on site. For example many items that you would assume not to contain dairy like a hamburger bun, may actually have dairy ingredients. My wife and I spent a lot of time reading the ingredients list when we food shop. We have done a number of day trips in the plane recently, and my daughter really wants to go with me to the 2012 Air Venture. We pack a lot of our own food for these day trips, and we will get her a plain burger if we happen to stop in an airport restaurant. This is fine for a day, but what to do for 4-5 days?

I was wondering how other people with food allergies deal with attending Air Venture. I will be flying into the field, and staying at the U of W dorms downtown. I have attended Air Venture 3 times in the past, and I知 well aware of the food choices to be had both on the field and around the immediate area.