Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great Lakes

I would have to agree. I learned tailwheel and aerobatics in a 180hp Great Lakes. Lovely flying airplane and well balanced. I just love those long oleos. They dampen any hard landing. Don

I have some time in a Great Lakes with a 200 Ranger, very nice, that's what I'd do if I was building one. I like the skinny snout look...

Also have some time in one with a 135 Menasco, still pretty nice, if less performance, and in one with a 185 Warner, again very nice. The 220 just seems like too much-

Actually, I'm trying to find an airplane for an engine and prop I already have. My airplane was destroyed in a hangar fire. It was a home built that resembled a small T-6. The engine and prop were in a different hangar.

Why not just build another copy of the one you already had?

I am already building something else. I would like to have an aircraft I can get in the air in short order.

There are Stardusters (or Skybolts - I forget - the bigger one) with Continental's on them. I think you can google "Radial Skybolt) and see one. That may be the best, easiest bet?

Edit: Here you go: http://www.steenaero.com/articles_de...m?ArticleID=22
    Last edited by Jalsup; 01-08-2012 at 02:14 PM.