Thread: Any impact of EAA cuts on VAA?

Any impact of EAA cuts on VAA?

Title pretty much says it all. Wondering how yesterday's announcement may or may not have an impact on VAA?

Also, am wondering to what degree, if any, J. Mac McClellan has control or influence over "Vintage Airplane".

Dave

None of the divisions, IAC, Warbirds and VAA saw any direct cuts to their operations or staff. Obviously, we'll be making adjustments to how we interact with EAA staff within the new organizational framework.
    EAA's editorial staff has always served the division publications as valued advisory staff, and, in the case of the art direction/layout and copy editing, as the staff members who work "hands-on" with the division magazine's editor. The division's editors each have overall authority and final approval over their respective magazines.

H.G. Frautschy
    Editor, Vintage Airplane magazine
    Executive Director, VAA
    Last edited by H.G. Frautschy; 01-13-2012 at 08:40 PM.

I just hope the EAA does not forget where the orgainization came from.

I had an endangered airport that was the site of the FIRST AOPA flyin and when it was in danger of being closed, that orgainization did nothing to help. The airport did close because the local government was on a campaign to see any local private airport go away. They only supported there county airport in zoning in particular and if you one day end up with residental housing at the end of your runway, your dead meat. I have no need and do not belong to AOPA. I place them in the same class as AARP, the feed on a part of the population with false crusades to protect our freedom only to seed there own bureacracy. I hope EAA does not do that. Maybe they need to go back to there roots, maybe new prospects aren't aware of there original mission.
    Last edited by george r. garrison vaa 58; 01-15-2012 at 10:39 PM.
    Dope and Fabric Guy