Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mag Mystery

Mag problems

Throw that 1940 technology mag in the garbage and buy a Pmag. Problem solved.
    And while your at it throw the wires and plugs away and use BR9's with bushing from Pmag.

Ray

You have a good suggestion Ray. I have one already on the other side. But finances dictated that I fix this old one now and will dump it next inspection time. Spent the extra on a Dynon and new audio panel. Engine is purring away better than ever for now and it's nice to have some glass and clear radios and intercom.

Wow! To think I stopped surfing this site because it became boring!
    If Riki only knew how many "unofficial" tests are employed everyday by experienced mechanics everyday he might never fly again!
    There's a popular expression amongst inspectors that goes "If you didn't touch it you didn't inspect it". Experience is the best teacher and often a little wiggle from a deft digit is worth more than a shiny red box full of "Snappys" and a shelf full of manuals.
    The feds even recognize the value of experience when inspecting a part for condition and wear to determine "airworthiness"
    But I guess if your "Glass" says all's well and the mp-3 player sounds great through the new audio panel...Who needs a good mag.

Quote Originally Posted by 58boner View Post
    Wow! To think I stopped surfing this site because it became boring!
    If Riki only knew how many "unofficial" tests are employed everyday by experienced mechanics everyday he might never fly again!
    There's a popular expression amongst inspectors that goes "If you didn't touch it you didn't inspect it". Experience is the best teacher and often a little wiggle from a deft digit is worth more than a shiny red box full of "Snappys" and a shelf full of manuals.
    The feds even recognize the value of experience when inspecting a part for condition and wear to determine "airworthiness"
    But I guess if your "Glass" says all's well and the mp-3 player sounds great through the new audio panel...Who needs a good mag.
    What an idiot. I have no idea what you are talking about. I sent my Mag to one of the best shops in the country. Now want to keep running your mouth? What the hell does that have to do with my panel choices?
    I've seen work come out of A&Ps and IAs and some of it was scary! So don't lecture me on how much goes on that I don't know about. I've kept my plane flying quite nicely for several years now. I'd be afraid to leave it with some guy the FAA approves. Like I'd trust them for anything!
    Go troll another thread with your snotty, useless comments.
    Last edited by flyingriki; 04-20-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Sounds like somebody needs a hug!