Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ugly Colors

Ugly Colors

I went to a football game in Wyoming, and I remember thinking how ugly the glaring yellow and mud brown uniforms were.
    I'd say whoever picked them here was either color blind or a U of Wyoming grad. It does seem to work faster than the 365, but at least the old site was attractive to look at.

I'm guessing that someone was trying to get SuperCub Yellow for this forum and didn't quite get a match.

Not sure what to recommend for colors though. The light blue on the EAA.org site look good, but we already have a blue board.
    Someday I'll come up with something profound to put here.

Pink?

Silver?

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    I'll pass all the feedback about the new EAA brand colors along to our Marketing Department - thanks, everyone!

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Since we're passing along info to the marketing dept. I think this is just fine. I dont care what color it is. Just want to make sure my vote gets counted too.......I wish i was in Chicago, I could vote again. Seriously, who cares about color.

Mike
    Mike Smith

New Forum is 100 times better than the old one .. ( Better Forum software & about 100 times faster !! )

If you don't like the Colors, CHANGE THEM !!. You can spend hours picking your own color scheme, and have exactly what you think you need.

Geoff

I may be the lone standout here, but I really like the colors. It's a classic looking color scheme to me...
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

The colors are fine by me...for aviation there's a Red Board (AOPA), Blue Board (Pilots of America), a Purple Board (somewhere between the others www.purpleboard.net). The color scheme here gives this forum an obvious name.

Ugly Colors

Colors may not matter to many folks, but really think about this. Go to a new car dealer showroom, or if you can find one, a new airplane dealer.How many glaring yellow and frankly poop brown new cars or airplanes do you see there? If you do see one like that , would you buy it? Do you see many drivng around on the street indicating that someone else thought it was a good color? If you go to modern auto or airplane paint shop they often have a computer where you can select a color scheme. Ask them how many muddy brown/yellow cars/planes they have done?

There is a whole specialty of color selection that is part of marketing many products. Millions of dollars of research are spent to select colors. Think about clothes, interior house paints, even food. Color does have a significant effect on how a person feels in a room. A light yellow, like here at the hotel where I am writing this gives a sort of positive morning feeling. A cool blue in a bedroom gives a relaxing feeling.
    The colors on the old site were nice, these new ones give me the feeling that I don't want to look at them much.

I might be wrong about whoever selcted safety warning yellow and too many breakfast burritos brown being a U of Wyoming grad. They might be from U of Minnosota, especially since that is closer to Oskosh. And of course there is no accounting for differences in personal taste. Some folks actually thought Edsels looked good enough to buy.

Maybe there is room for a whole new political party nationwide. The sole objective would be to repaint the White House in these colors. It would stand out!