Thread: Cleaning Stains in Fabric

Cleaning Stains in Fabric

Hi, I'm an 800 hr bonanza pilot, with a new to me 1947 cub. I'm new to fabric aircraft. I just got the cub, it sat with bird poop on it for a year. After washing it with dawn, the poop is gone and the plane is clean, but the stains remain. see the photos. Poop on, and poop off, stains remain.

ALSO - there were lots of birds living in the tail section. I pulled all the nest debris but it has some poop and dirt. Can I hose out the inside of the tail?

SO,
    Help with stains?
    Hose out the tail?

Additionally, the previous owner replaced the entire J3 frame assembly and recovered in 1985. It has been hangered since then.

The first owner had it for 30 years and I bought it from the second owner who owned it for 47 years.

I'm not sure why, maybe because he is 90 and isn't going to fly anymore, but the previous owner gave me HIS PILOT LOGBOOKS, and the first owners
    PILOT LOGBOOKS.

I have a record of every single flight this bird has ever made. The day (sometimes even the time of day) and who the passenger was, and what town they are from.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by RayRice2; 04-08-2024 at 04:28 PM.

Additionally, the previous owner replaced the entire J3 frame assembly and recovered in 1985. It has been hangered since then.

The first owner had it for 30 years and I bought it from the second owner who owned it for 47 years.

I'm not sure why, maybe because he is 90 and isn't going to fly anymore, but the previous owner gave me HIS PILOT LOGBOOKS, and the first owners
    PILOT LOGBOOKS.

I have a record of every single flight this bird has ever made. The day (sometimes even the time of day) and who the passenger was, and what town they are from.
    Last edited by RayRice2; 04-08-2024 at 04:29 PM.

Dirty Birds...
    First time I see pix.

You may try to use some Spray Nine cleaner and sunshine.

Sad

... and hang one of those plastic owl's