Thread: A custom paint notion of mine.

Wink A custom paint notion of mine.

If I could afford a private jet, she would be something like custom purple with silver wings and tailplane as shown in my concept drawing. I have an Atlas 1:96 Boeing 727 scale model kit still to be built by me that's slated to have Testors Grape purple livery and the name "American Original" and a wolf head logo on the vertical tail fin. The thing is, no T-tail commercial jetliner ever in production has practical range for world travel. I'm not sure if a Boeing 727-100 or even a 727-200 Advance could be feasibly modified to have a range of 5,000 NM or better. I don't like Douglas/McDonnel Douglas because their aircraft are notorious piles of aluminum junk. I gave my concept purple Global 7500 the French name "Le Faucon Violet", meaning the purple falcon. A French name was chosen for fanciness and due to Bombardier's being a Canadian plane-building outfit. I could only see something like this global business jet plane as being practical enough to leap over the North Atlantic Ocean from Concord, New Hampshire in America onto Johannesburg, South Africa (for a plains-game hunt or safari) via one fuel stop in Ivory Coast. The Concord, NH municipal airport has a long runway of 6,005 feet. The Bombardier Global 7500 requires up to 5,800 feet in its specs, I believe for landing at maximum payload. The Concord airport would be barely adequate for a bizjet. Google Earth aerial photos reveal at least one bizjet parked at this particular small airport.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by JohnDBarrow; 02-14-2024 at 02:09 PM.