Thread: It's never to early to prepare for AirVenture 2024

It's never to early to prepare for AirVenture 2024

So..............

There once was a king who was just 12 inches tall.
    He was a terrible king but he made a great ruler.

My doctor told me I'm going deaf.
    The news was hard for me to hear.

"Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Early start, eh, Randy!

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Ha! In all seriousness, we've already started. I've put the deposit down on our campsite, have started "negotiations" with the folks who we want to rent our RV from, and most importantly blocked out the dates on my work's vacation calendar.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Sorry for the thread drift but since the first 2 responders have it in their signatures, what app or web site are you using for the highlighted USA map? It must be common because so many use it but I've searched and can't locate it. Thanks.
    Regards,
    Greg Young
    1950 Navion N5221K
    RV-6 N6GY - first flight 5/16/2021
    1940 Rearwin Cloudster in work
    4 L-2 projects on deck

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
    Sorry for the thread drift but since the first 2 responders have it in their signatures, what app or web site are you using for the highlighted USA map? It must be common because so many use it but I've searched and can't locate it. Thanks.
    Go to this site, https://visitedstatesmap.com/ , create and save a map and upload it to your signature,
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

There are now two Aviators Club tents: the original North, and a new South by Vintage. Great to have two places to chill out. But you have to choose one or the other when you buy tickets. One ticket won't get you into both. Any idea why they went that way, and if that decision might be reconsidered?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Nelson View Post
    There are now two Aviators Club tents: the original North, and a new South by Vintage. Great to have two places to chill out. But you have to choose one or the other when you buy tickets. One ticket won't get you into both. Any idea why they went that way, and if that decision might be reconsidered?
    Well, there was a sea change in the org's philosophy a few decades back making it money centric rather than people centric. As such, any structural change will be to increase net revenue and any reconsideration of the plan will be due to a lack of realization of that gain.

Tangentially, some consultant bean counter determined that the VAA turf had a greater $/sf potential than was being realized and they've been getting squeezed ever since. The Classic Corral is gone and the space is now high dollar rental turf for vendors and the VAA barn is now mostly EAA trinket shop.

I understand that the South Maintenance Work Weekend schedule is out. Practically every weekend in the months of May and June. If you can make a session I highly recommend. It’s a good way to volunteer without the crush of people….very laid back atmosphere, everyone is there because they want to be, everyone loves aviation. The folks down there are great and very adept at matching your skills to the tasks at hand. Have made some really great friendships over the years. Now I can start to plan my travel schedule to support. See y’all there!
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

We're wheels up at 0600, 6 months from tomorrow.

Hey guys and gals, if you need a place to camp or park your Aircraft during AirVenture, come to Fond Du Lac. Identifier KFLD. parking for the week is $35 camping for the week is $70. Charter service on the hour is $35 round-trip showers, Porta potty‘s all available at Fond Du Lac 20 minutes away. EAA chapter 572 is on the grounds to make your stay easy. For more information email Cessna4542c@gmail.com