Thread: MiniMax SuperMax

MiniMax SuperMax

Greetings,
    I am wanting to build a SuperMax. I have been trying to find it's flight characteristics and performance. There doesn't seem to be much info on the web. Does anyone know about this airplane? Thanks.

Good question. Besides the obvious change in the empennage…..the SuperMax supports a 76 hp VW vs 50 hp VW for the V-Max. The empty & gross weight also is 100 pounds plus heavier than the V-max too. I believe the SuperMax includes a welded gear assembly vs the built-up gear. Haven’t seen any published performance numbers for comparison. Given that both models are nearly identical I would bet that cruise speeds are fairly close but the SuperMax should have a better climb. But you’re right, just not a lot of info out there.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Just my take, but I'd email the company selling the kit/plans and ask for some specifics. If they can't provide detailed specs and performance numbers I'd consider that to be a significant red flag.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

Thank you Airmutt and DaleB. I like the single seat Mini-Max's but am right at the edge of gross weight with 5 gallons of fuel. I would like a little more cushion and more fuel than that. So I am looking at the SuperMax. I ordered the plans and wanted to study them before I commit. Still researching? I think the SuperMax may have a different wing section than the other's, but am not certain.