Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project documentation / log

We get this question all the time, and Rick's assertion is correct. The 51% rule applies to the AIRPLANE being built, not the person or persons building it. One repairman certificate per EAB registered airplane. You will be fine in getting the RC for a purchased project as long as the RC for that serial number specific project has not previously been applied for.
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Jensen View Post
    You will be fine in getting the RC for a purchased project as long as the RC for that serial number specific project has not previously been applied for.
    Chad, when can an RC be applied for? I am/was under the assumption that the airplane has to have an airworthiness certificate. Correct?

Jim
    PS, project got some sun today in the driveway, lots of cars slowing... One neighbor I've spoken with before stopped by, turns out he had a Luscombe 8A in his garage for years, but finally sold it when it collected too much dust. Never knew!
    Jim Hann
    EAA 276294 Lifetime
    Vintage 722607
    1957 Piper PA-22/20 "Super Pacer"
    Chapter 32 member www.eaa32.org
    www.mykitlog.com/LinerDrivr
    Fly Baby/Hevle Classic Tandem

That is correct Jim, the RC comes AFTER the airworthiness certification has been attained.

I had the very same thing happen (except the Luscombe part-COOL!!!) when I pushed my RV-7 fueslage out one day. I suddenly became the talk of the neighborhood!
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

I bought a paper builders logbook just so I could keep track of things. No need to complicate matters with a web site IMHO. I do have a personal blog that I can post to sporadically if I choose.
    plans building a Sonex!!