Thread: My Wife Thinks I'm Crazy

My Wife Thinks I'm Crazy

Okay... just an idea. How about a fun way to generate some positive press for ultralight and light sport homebuilts? My thought is that we fly a relay along the original air mail route that passed thru my neck of the woods (Nebraska) in the 1920's. The route is doable with ultralight and light sport planes and it is sure to get at least local publicity. It would be important to do this as safely as possible and maybe nice to use it to raise funds for something like St. Jude's. Anyone else interested?

Bob:

It's an interesting idea and I would join your efforts, but, alas, or maybe fortunately, I don't live in the upper Great Plains anymore.

Don
    Formally of Omaha

It sounds like a wonderful idea!! As long as your wife won't divorce you, just see if you can get enough of your friends to make the run, and JUST DO IT!!

Most women think their husbands are crazy. Just do it. If you don't she'll still think you're crazy and you'll still be wanting to do it.

Who is the most crazy, men or women?
    Men will throw away a lot of money on an overweight, out of date thing called a Harley.
    Women will throw away a lot of money on impractical and and overpriced designer shoes.

It hurts a lot more to fall off a Harley.

Hey Don,

Is the Fisher Celebrity in your avatar one that belonged to Terry Strickland of Alva, OK?
    If you so, you probably know my friend, Steve Ruse, of Norman who flies a yellow Air Camper

I am based here at AVK, and I contacted Steve when that plane was for sale. He later told me that a friend of his purchased the aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by dewi8095 View Post
    Bob:

It's an interesting idea and I would join your efforts, but, alas, or maybe fortunately, I don't live in the upper Great Plains anymore.

Don
    Formally of Omaha

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goggles View Post
    Hey Don,

Is the Fisher Celebrity in your avatar one that belonged to Terry Strickland of Alva, OK?
    If you so, you probably know my friend, Steve Ruse, of Norman who flies a yellow Air Camper

I am based here at AVK, and I contacted Steve when that plane was for sale. He later told me that a friend of his purchased the aircraft.
    Yes, I bought the Fisher from Terry in July 2008 and it was Steve who told me about its availability. I've put about 160 hours on it since 2008 and expect to pass the 200 hour mark this year. Send me a PM and tell me what you're flying?

To keep the thread on track, Bob, have you made any progress toward retracing the airmail route across Nebraska? But remember that your wife probably knows you better than anyone else!!

Don

The idea sounds great!
    If you really want to do this, then go for it! Your wife will most likely think you're crazy anyway
    I guess she's just trying to protect you from a possible failure.