Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Scooters/bikes should be allowed more places

Quote Originally Posted by BardenAviation View Post
    Driving Trams is stressful enough, let alone dealing with folks who seem to be oblivious to everything around them, causing safety issues and general disruption. We have volunteered for Trams for a few years now, but boy, it is a stressful time!

Here are a few clips from the madness-

https://youtu.be/NoXveJgOltk?si=BN2ZFL7EpRpRWXPr

Hope that things next year things smooth out a bit and folks try to understand there is a lot going on and we all need to work together!
    I agree 100% - and those video clips are from time frames when the place wasn't crowded. By mid afternoon the "streets" look like Times Square on New Year's eve.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

I would agree about bikes/scooters on show grounds: there are so many people that riding one would be unsafe. That said, I would appreciate an opportunity to ride a bike to museum and/or to KidsVenture. Does anyone remember if there is a bike parking there and if those are accessible by bike/scooter?
    Last edited by V.R; 04-03-2024 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by V.R View Post
    I would agree about bikes/scooters on show grounds: there are so many people that riding one would be unsafe. That said, I would appreciate an opportunity to ride a bike to museum and/or to KidsVenture. Does anyone remember if there is a bike parking there and if those are accessible by bike/scooter?
    They’re both accessible by bike.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
    They’re both accessible by bike.
    Didn't know that. Do they have bike/scooter parking there?

Quote Originally Posted by V.R View Post
    Didn't know that. Do they have bike/scooter parking there?
    IIRC, Pioneer Airport had a bike corral, but in reality, it might have just been where the bikes congregated, and wasn't anything formal. I don't think the Museum has any designated bike parking. That said I've been to both by bike and it's not an issue. For the Museum we went in though the back and there were a number of bikes parked here and there along the walkways.
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

There is a bike rack in front of the EAA Museum and a place to park bikes near KidVenture.

IIRC, Pioneer Airport had a bike corral, but in reality, it might have just been where the bikes congregated, and wasn't anything formal. I don't think the Museum has any designated bike parking. That said I've been to both by bike and it's not an issue. For the Museum we went in though the back and there were a number of bikes parked here and there along the walkways.
    Interesting! How would you go there from the Scholler? I was under impression they close Pelton Pkwy, that goes to Kids Venture, and allow busses only during the show? Again, I do not remember but I thought I saw orange cones there... so assumed its closed for wheeled traffic... If you could scoot there that would help, definitely

Depends on from where in Scholler. If on the West side (teal route on the map) I’d take Stits North to Snow Berry, go through the cutout over to Sleepy Hollow then down Waukau and cross at Goyke just past SoS bros and take Foundation down to Pelton. If on the East side (Green route), then I’d head North up Forest Home past the main gate to Waukau (you could also cut through the bus park) and cross at Pelton. Pelton is not closed at all as I’m a driver for the Homebuilt welcome wagon and drop people off at the museum and kidventure all the time during AirVenture. They do block off Main Auto Parking Road to vehicle traffic (Red line) right at the intersection of it, Foundation and Waukau although you might be able to get through on a bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Auburntsts; 04-05-2024 at 07:24 AM.
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Depends on from where in Scholler. If on the West side (teal route on the map) I’d take Stits North to Snow Berry, go through the cutout over to Sleep Hollow then down Waukau and cross at Goyke just past SoS bros and take Foundation down to Pelton. If on the East side (Green route), then I’d head North up Forest Home past the main gate to Waukau (you could also cut through the bus park) and cross at Pelton. Pelton is not closed at all as I’m a driver for the Homebuilt welcome wagon and drop people off at the museum and kidventure all the time during AirVenture. They do block off Main Auto Parking Road to vehicle traffic (Red line) right at the intersection of it, Foundation and Waukau although you might be able to get through on a bike.
    Awesome, thank you!