Thread: Conga line

Conga line

I just saw a plane deliberately (on live ATC) break the CONGA line above Ripon (90 degree entry)when an alternate transition was being used and the flight path and holds were full. Why would a pilot do this????

He's the same guy who drives up the shoulder in a traffic backup, passing everyone who's safely waiting until they reach the exit ramp. He's more important than you are (or thinks he is). Probably also the guy who won't attend safety seminars, won't read accident reports, doesn't practice basic airmanship skills, etc. Oh, and he's never heard of the AirVenture NOTAM.
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

Plenty of room to come in right now. There's a thunderstorm going through. Someone was still driving a tram during the rain.

Some are not worthy of the community of pilots & controllers.

Like my dad told me 38 years ago about work, "Never quit a job because of a**holes, because a**holes are everywhere." Same applies to flying. Saturday afternoon, I had three high-wing Zenith pilots cut in front of me about 10 miles from Fisk (line started 5 miles south of Endeavour). Then as a little icing on the cake, they proceeded to fly at 70-75 kts.
    Bryan

Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Low Pass View Post
    Like my dad told me 38 years ago about work, "Never quit a job because of a**holes, because a**holes are everywhere." Same applies to flying. Saturday afternoon, I had three high-wing Zenith pilots cut in front of me about 10 miles from Fisk (line started 5 miles south of Endeavour). Then as a little icing on the cake, they proceeded to fly at 70-75 kts.
    I wonder why they weren't called out by Fisk? To me, ADS-B has been a blessing culling out the cheaters BY N NUMBER, and telling them to go back. (And.....we have had the cheaters since it was only Ripon-Fish, just sayin'.)
    Larry Nelson EAA 35011
    President EAA Chapter 821
    Springfield, MO
    PA 30 / Cessna 195

Arrival cheaters

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Fenwick View Post
    I wonder why they weren't called out by Fisk? To me, ADS-B has been a blessing culling out the cheaters BY N NUMBER, and telling them to go back. (And.....we have had the cheaters since it was only Ripon-Fish, just sayin'.)

YES I agree FAA should call out the cheaters with a (CALL THIS NUMBER). We have been very fortunate that the good pilots give way to the A## H#### to avert mid airs.

Don't waste your energy on the idiots. The idiots won't get it.

Once upon a time I was in a flight of 20 coming in to the show at OSH from western Wisconsin. 10 elements of two in trail. The pre-launch agreement via telephone with the folks at OSH was that our group would follow the Fisk arrival and then be turned east to land on runway 36. We followed the instructions with each element turning east over Fisk. As I followed my lead down final I heard our tail-end charlie call to me "Wes there is a Baron behind you". Yes some idiot thought that it was a good idea to break in, likely ignore the call from the controllers at Fisk, and join our arrival. As you might guess, I tightened up on lead and the elements behind just made space so that they would not overrun the idiot in the Baron.

I think that I was in two wingspan out position on lead as we put our wheels on runway 36 together and I made sure that I did not slow down until lead did so. And I am pretty sure that Jared, lead, did not slow down until he had to, knowing that there was an idiot following. We turned off the runway and followed the flag-persons' signals to parking. Don't know where the Baron went. And life goes on.

Just see the stupids before they see you. You can't fix it.

Best of luck,

Wes
    Last edited by WLIU; 12-07-2023 at 02:25 PM.