Thread: vintage camping years?

vintage camping years?

What "year in aircrafts" constitutes in the vintage camping? I know EAA has the signs for VAC in the small print state for manufactured aircraft prior to 1971...but that has been like that for years now.

Just got my answer...I called EAA and they said it is STILL 1970 and older aircraft can camp there. Thanks for viewing!

Yes, it was 1965 when I started volunteering. It moved up to 67 for a few years, but it is 70 now (this means the date of manufacturer has to be before December 31, 1970). We have a computer that we check N (and C) numbers with to make sure that you are legal.

Officially, it's the eligibility for being judged in each category (antique, classic, and contemporary classic), but the parking rules follow the judging rules.

If you notice, the Antique rules is 1945 (end of WWII), the classic roughly equates to the beginning of the 172 production (1955). I haven't seen any indication they are going to open up past 1970 any time soon (though they never ask my opinion