Thread: What do you think its worth

Question What do you think its worth

I purchased a partially built kit 2 years ago which i'm finally starting to work on (been in storage in texas all that time).

Came with a fuel injected O-360-A4J that supposedly was purchased from an airboat engine rebuilder in florida sometime in the 90's or early 2000's. no data plate on engine and no log book

What would the lycoming be worth? i know having a borescope would answer the question a bit more and i plan on having that done asap

Quote Originally Posted by QuixoteAg View Post
    I purchased a partially built kit 2 years ago which i'm finally starting to work on (been in storage in texas all that time).

Came with a fuel injected O-360-A4J that supposedly was purchased from an airboat engine rebuilder in florida sometime in the 90's or early 2000's. no data plate on engine and no log book

What would the lycoming be worth? i know having a borescope would answer the question a bit more and i plan on having that done asap

Not a lot. Airboat engines often use parts that didn't pass QC checks. For instance, undersized bearing journals, rusted inner crank bore, excessive runout, things like that. Have you scoured airboat boards to see what that engine is worth if you sent it back into the airboat world?