Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scholler Showers - what times are the slowest?

Scholler Showers - what times are the slowest?

Hey there! This will be our first year at Oshkosh - camping at Scholler 4 nights. Any advice on when the peak times are for showers? Sorry if this question has already been answered... I've searched the threads but didn't see this question posed yet. I'm happy to get up early, just wondering *how early*? Thanks in advance!

Generally mid-day to early evening are the slowest times. Basically when show activities are at their peak, the showers are the least occupied, but there’s no guarantee.

Don’t forget to bring some kind of shower shoes/sandals/flip-flops.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

During the night show you'll have it all to yourself.

I tend to hit the shower a bit after full dark and have never had a problem. Some nights I'm the only one there. (shower nearest the camp Scholler entry & the store)

This timing lets me wash off the Deet. I won't need to reapply it when I get back to the campsite and can go to bed without smelling like insect repellent.

I shower in the evening to get all the sunscreen off. It's usually around 7pm and there are plenty of showers available.

Here is what the Camp Scholler showers look like.

Name:  355193118_805730734214661_5219042234954129772_n.jpg
Views: 1059
Size:  20.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mc20 View Post
    I tend to hit the shower a bit after full dark and have never had a problem. Some nights I'm the only one there. (shower nearest the camp Scholler entry & the store)

This timing lets me wash off the Deet. I won't need to reapply it when I get back to the campsite and can go to bed without smelling like insect repellent.
    Us too. Our SOP is to shower right before going to bed no matter if we’re camping in a tent or RV. As a result, we’ve never had an issue with shower availability.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Echoing the previous posts, I usually go late afternoon/early evening (South building, Stits & Butternut) and it's pretty quiet.

I usually shower after we get back from dinner, around 8 PM. By that time usually at least half of the shower stalls are empty.

Dont worry about it, I found the showers at first light busy but still quick, just remember your flip flops, last year with the rain I found my feet dirtiest after walking back from the showers