Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Restaurants?

Fox River Brewing Company was pretty good.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

I'll ask the obvious...

How do y'all get to these off-site locations? Uber?

The Oshkosh City bus will take you from the bus park to within 4 blocks of The Roxy.
    The Korbussen folk (same people who run the school bus around the North 40) run a shuttle service to anyplace you want to go. Their service desk is north across the street from the bus park. It's not cheap.
    Ride the North 40 bus to the Friar Tuck gate, then you have your choice of Friar Tucks, the Hangar, the Hilton, North End pizza, the Mineshaft, Tres Amigos, or Hardees. Other fast food places are a bit further on.
    The Homebuilders Welcome Wagon will also take you around the N40 to any of the 3 gates.
    You'll need Uber or someone's car for the other restaurants mentioned in the other responses. Note Uber has specific pickup locations on/near the airport. Friar Tucks is one of them. Getting an Uber ride after 4pm can be difficult what with all the one-way outbound traffic.
    Last edited by steve; 07-15-2023 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeftec View Post
    After 30+ years of Oshkosh, we've found a number of good local places we enjoy.
    1. Wendt's on the lake
    2. Parnell's
    3. Ardy and Ed's
    4. Pete's Garage- my personal favorite, even Pelton frequents this bar. Great burgers and grill food. Totally irreverent servers. Oshkosh's best dive bar by far!
    Just my .02 cents worth
    Have a great time
    Have frequented all except Pete’s. REALLY sounds like a must visit. Sounds like my kind of place!

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

If you're into Mexican food, there's a place called Los Riveras that has excellent food and great margaritas! If you drive past the Mineshaft restaurant a couple miles north on the same street, you'll eventually see a Dairy Queen. It's located just past the Dairy Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlOrton View Post
    Have frequented all except Pete’s. REALLY sounds like a must visit. Sounds like my kind of place!

Pete's is going to be overrun I'm afraid. Its a small place, its mentioned in the beginners guide on Airventure.com and now here . . .