Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free for EAA Members: SIEMENS SolidEdge CAD

Meagan and Eric: Thanks so much for keeping us informed with regards to SolidWorks and SolidEdge. The EAA just may have saved itself a membership with this news.

However Dassault's feet should be held to the fire with how utterly poor SW Maker installation and HotFixes installs are processed. What a debacle...

SE lacks the learning support the SW has available.

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    This. I spent some time learning Solidworks, drew up some cool stuff, and suddenly my files were worthless. Sure, they'd load in other tools, but they couldn't be edited. Eventually bought another product, but it worked enough differently that I really didn't want to face the learning curve again.

I finally got the veteran deal for SW, so I've got it again, but still have a bad taste in my mouth. Been off SW long enough that I feel I'd have to re-learn it all. Haven't felt too enthusiastic about that. I think they're less likely to pull the rug out from under veterans, but just can't get fired up about using it.
    Attachment 9477

Ron Wanttaja
    You read my mind. I spent probably 80 hours learning and starting to use SolidWorks when they pulled the rug out. I am now trying to do the same with SolidEdge. The main difference I have found is that SW had many great tutorials on YouTube. One community college professor basically put one of his courses online and it was fantastic. I have yet to find the same for SE. I found the tutorials disjointed without logical flow and the few tutorials I have found on YouTube seem to suffer the same. I have found nothing remotely equivalent to what I found online for learning SW.