Thread: Flight Cap and Goggles Recommendation

Flight Cap and Goggles Recommendation

Looking for a recommendation for a flight cap to use with my David Clark H10-13 headset in the hot summer months. I fly an open cockpit gyroplane and want a flight cap that will secure my headset and sunglasses. A gyro friend recommended the “LIFT Aviation Flux Flight Cap – Zero 1.” Has anyone used it? Any other recommendations would be appreciated.

And for those cloudy days where sunglasses aren’t needed, any recommendations for flight goggles to wear with the flight cap? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Looking for a recommendation for a flight cap to use with my David Clark H10-13 headset in the hot summer months. I fly an open cockpit gyroplane and want a flight cap that will secure my headset and sunglasses. A gyro friend recommended the “LIFT Aviation Flux Flight Cap – Zero 1.” Has anyone used it? Any other recommendations would be appreciated.

And for those cloudy days where sunglasses aren’t needed, any recommendations for flight goggles to wear with the flight cap? Thanks.
    By "Flight cap" are you referring to a hard helmet, or a cloth/leather flying helmet?

If the latter, Pop's Leather is probably your best bet. They've dropped their web page, but are on Etsy now:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PopsLeathe...about-shopname

You can even get one that's fleece-lined for winter (don't). Don't confuse them with "Pop's Custom Leather", it's another outfit.

Goggles, check with motorcycle and ski shops. It depends on what style you want. I've always liked the US Army's "Sun, Wind, and Dust" goggles. Keep in mind they might be difficult to wear over some glasses.

Ron Wanttaja

Thank you!

Gibson & Barnes also makes leather and cloth helmets to fit a variety of headsets. I suspect that's what mine are though I'm not certain; they came with the plane.

I also have a set of RAF style goggles but I never wear them; they're just not necessary behind a windscreen. When I was flying completely open ultralights I used a Comtronics helmet with built in comms and clear industrial safety glasses.