Cirrus airplanes have been around for a few years and there is a lot of publicity about them.
I recently got a couple of flights in my friend's. It is a non turbo SR-22, but with an aftermarket belt driven supercharger. We just did local flights, from Aspen 40 miles to Rifle and back, VFR but with one GPS approach in VMC.
There were some things I liked, some not so good.
It's a little hard to get into, but comfortable once seated. It seems to taxi fine, even though the nose wheel doesn't steer, it just by the brakes.
It is a little noisy inside, not too bad.
It climbs out well, 1000 fpm easy at our 8000 feet.
In cruise I found one really good point, the view out the front and the sides is great, big windows. The roof is pretty low over the pilot, especially if tall.
My real compaint was the side yoke. I didn't expect to like it and I didn't. Not only is it in an awkward position, and only for your outside hand, but it is spring loaded to center, so to make a turn, you first have to overcome the spring, then you get aileron input. Ailerons are about medium feel, not real light, but effective. It seems good in roll, not sluggish.
It is lighter and more sensitive in elevator. It is a little hard to fly level by hand as the electirc trim seems too sensitive.
I am a novice on all the glass panel gizmos, but it did seem that once you learned how to use them they would be good on a long trip. I find the basic attitude indicator more clear to read on the round gage than the computer one.
The pilot defintely had his head down in the cockpit some especially when doing and setting the GPS approach, you'd have to be very careful of this if solo and/or in busy airpspace.
It seems a little faster than my Bonanza, about 5 to 10 knots, not a lot difference. He uses 25/2500, I use 28/2300, he's about 190k true at 10,000 feet.
He flies final at 80k, there's some float on landing,seems ok. It seems a little wiggly on short final and flare, not too bad once down, but not as stable as many planes.
Go around is easy.
In summary, it it too bad it could not have a real stick right in the pilots center. It's too nice and expensive a plane to have that shortcut built in . Also I think the fixed gear costs a little speed, not toomuch. It is strange to land a high performance plane and not have the pilot even check for gear down.