Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: where to start?

Congrats hhobbit. Well done.

As you expereinced, flying into Oshkosh, is not 100% about YOUR flying and ATC Communication skills -- a lot is your ability to deal with other "problem" pilots, flying close to you.!!

There is an alarming Utube audio, from a year or so ago, of a pilot arguing with Milwaukee Approach, and insisting that he be allowed to fly into Oshkosh during Oshkosh week, without having even read the Notams, let alone having a copy in his aircraft. ( he was sent back to his depature airport, to get (and read) the Notams -- and rightly so)

I'll resist passing comments about RV licenses .. or I might get chucked out of here.
    Let me just say, I feel a lot safer when I can get to fly in Class B airspace these days

Geoff

Probably not the same guy, but when I flew into Oshkosh back in 2008 from the time shortly before I arrived at FISKE to after I turned off the runway, some wonder pilot flying a Hawker was arguing with ATC that he didn't have to abide by the NOTAM since he wasn't participating in Airventure.

Sheesh!
    Someday I'll come up with something profound to put here.

Quote Originally Posted by Anymouse View Post
    Probably not the same guy, but when I flew into Oshkosh back in 2008 from the time shortly before I arrived at FISKE to after I turned off the runway, some wonder pilot flying a Hawker was arguing with ATC that he didn't have to abide by the NOTAM since he wasn't participating in Airventure.

Sheesh!
    By that Logic, I don't have to abide with any "Notams for Camp David", if I am not taking part in talks with the President at Camp David !!

That aside, agrueing with ATC (over the radio ) is one sure way to end one's flying career.

Geoff