Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wright Brothers Remastered Rare Photos - Kill Devil Hills Historical Flight

Wright Brothers Remastered Rare Photos - Kill Devil Hills Historical Flight

This historical mini-documentary captures the Wright brothers success at Kill Devil Hills at the turn of the century. Extensive photo editing was used to restore the detail in the original 1900-03 glass plate negatives developed by the Wright Brothers. We fly out of First Flight Airport (KFFA) on the Outer Banks of North Carolina (Kill Devil Hills) to view the historical landmarks in Microsoft Flight Simulator.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQJB9lOLoa4

See my latest video here at The Flight Level
    https://www.youtube.com/c/TheFlightLevel

Very nice. Could have done without the flight sim part, though.

Photos like this and reading their own "How We Invented the Airplane" makes it seem very much like a modern day hang gliding hill or ultralight field... a bunch of guys camping at the LZ and doing some flying.

Awesome video.

I really enjoyed that video. Thanks for posting the link. I just wish they would have progressed slower through the pictures to give you more time to read the captions and absorb the details of the photograph. As soon as I could read the captions they were on to the next shot.

Quote Originally Posted by MickYoumans View Post
    I really enjoyed that video. Thanks for posting the link. I just wish they would have progressed slower through the pictures to give you more time to read the captions and absorb the details of the photograph. As soon as I could read the captions they were on to the next shot.
    There is a "pause" button you know.
    Mel, DAR since the Last Century, Specializing in Light-Sport and Experimental Aircraft. Certificated over 1,100 Light-Sport & Experimental aircraft.

A nicely done video- thanks.

Larry N.

Pretty cool. Quality of the pics are great. It all looks so crude by today’s standards; hard to believe that it was cutting edge technology in its day.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Thanks very much for the feedback guys! Yes, an insane amount of photo editing and image restoration to get to the image resolution you see in the video. Those guys (brothers) were on a mission!
    See my latest video here at The Flight Level
    https://www.youtube.com/c/TheFlightLevel

Thanks for posting this. Very nice. I flew in there myself (for the second time) on Dec 17. Agree about the MSFS video being unnecessary. It would have been better to have actual in-flght video. That said, the MSFS scenery is phenomenally accurate!
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

Good video. Personally, I didn't find the MSFS portion of the video jarring...it gave the opportunity to show the surrounding area from low altitude without actually buzzing around first flight airport at low altitude. Having never been there, the simulator video gave me a good feel for the coastal area.

Close-up shots of the simulated aircraft were probably gratuitous, admittedly.

Ron Wanttaja