Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to AirVenture to leave Wisconsin?

Quote Originally Posted by Wsquare View Post
    Some points of clarification seem to be in order. This is not meant to get anyone excited. Only to bring a concept forward for thoughtful consideration.
    Perhaps. But what it READS like is someone trying to start a political argument while pretending it wasn't their intent.

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by Wsquare View Post
    In terms of "no state income taxes in South Dakota", this has nothing to do with EAA as a corporate entity. Rather, it is about EAA employees, that would realize an instant (approx.) 7% pay increase, since they would not pay income tax.
    Wikipedia says EAA has 872 employees. Do you expect EAA to pay for them to move to South Dakota? Or is EAA just going to fire most of them and re-hire replacements in South Dakota...at South Dakota labor rates, instead of Wisconsin's? So, yes, the corporate elite will see a rise in pay. The rest just see the unemployment line.

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    Wikipedia says EAA has 872 employees. Do you expect EAA to pay for them to move to South Dakota? Or is EAA just going to fire most of them and re-hire replacements in South Dakota...at South Dakota labor rates, instead of Wisconsin's? So, yes, the corporate elite will see a rise in pay. The rest just see the unemployment line.

Ron Wanttaja
    The new voice of the proletariat!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    The new voice of the proletariat!
    "A riot iss an ugly ting....und it's time ve got one schtarted!"

Ron "Sed-a-Give?" Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post

Ron "Sed-a-Give?" Wanttaja
    Frau Bleucher. Neeiigghhhh…

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Most people do not realize that EAA was one of the first, if not THE first, aviation organization to be 100% inclusive to anyone who wanted to join, regardless of race, color, etc. In the 1950's Neil Loving was welcomed into the small but growing EAA. If you do not know who Neil Loving was, please look him up. His airplane is still in the EAA Museum.

You can argue that EAA provides an example that political organizations could aspire to.

Best of luck,

Wes

No.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. I always try to remain positive in my posts but in this case I'll make an exception. I see your thinly veiled political slant to this. Why not put it in those terms ? I'll go out on a limb here and say if you put it that way, 90% of EAA members would demand a move to South Dakota. Or Florida. Or Arizona. And you can't beat the political climate in any of those places. Maybe we could vote on it. Nah, some people like it here, there'd be too much voter fraud. Good luck with your proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlOrton View Post
    Frau Bleucher. Neeiigghhhh…
    Put...the candle.....back.....
    -------------------
    Mark
    EAA 367635
    President EAA 245

1979 Maule M5-235C C-GJFK
    RV-8 C-GURV (Sold)
    Bearhawk #1078 C-GPFG (under construction)

Dana's post bottom-lines the situation quite well for me-- making political stances & conversation is always a quick way to enter a seriously stinky rabbit hole, which will not end well. For that, Airventure would not hold up well, and is not their bailiwick. That said, I'm stopping short from saying it's not our problem. These people in Wisconsin are our neighbors, and they're screwing the pooch big-time. How bad does something need to get before you're concerned enough to say/do something? My observations are that usually it's after it's too late.
    Randy, the post did not say only politicians are at fault; it said they are coddling the felons, which is a also a crime. And the post was not talking about feeling unsafe at Airventure. So sorry to hear that you are "not concerned at all".