Thread: PAPR System Down

PAPR System Down

The FAA's PAPR link is down. That's the link which allows you to check your ADSB performance. It has been down since Tuesday, when I finished the installation of a new ADSB system.

Here's a (non-functioning) link:

https://adsbperformance.faa.gov/PAPRRequest.aspx

Is there a way to report this problem to the FAA?

Is there any way to notify the FAA of this issue? I'd really like to validate the calibration of my new ADSB installation.

Looks like there's a contact email address for FAA's ABS-B office on this page. Or, use this form to report ADS-B issues.
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

This is the reply I got from FAA on November 16 when I alerted them about the issue:

Thank you for your inquiry.

An FAA tool used in the assessment and verification of ADS-B performance is currently offline. As such, we are currently unable to process any Public ADS-B Performance Report (PAPR) requests. At the present time, we are unable to predict the duration of the outage.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask.

Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2021 11:32 AM
    To: 9-AJE-ADSB (FAA) <adsb@faa.gov>; 9-ATO-NECC-OPS (FAA) <9-ATO-NECC-OPS@faa.gov>
    Subject: [N-Number/ICAO: N46036] ADS-B Services: Report an Issue: form submission

Date/time of form submission: 2021-11-16T15:32:09-0500

Quote Originally Posted by jiniguano View Post
    This is the reply I got from FAA on November 16 when I alerted them about the issue:

Thank you for your inquiry.

An FAA tool used in the assessment and verification of ADS-B performance is currently offline. As such, we are currently unable to process any Public ADS-B Performance Report (PAPR) requests. At the present time, we are unable to predict the duration of the outage.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask.

Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2021 11:32 AM
    To: 9-AJE-ADSB (FAA) <adsb@faa.gov>; 9-ATO-NECC-OPS (FAA) <9-ATO-NECC-OPS@faa.gov>
    Subject: [N-Number/ICAO: N46036] ADS-B Services: Report an Issue: form submission

Date/time of form submission: 2021-11-16T15:32:09-0500
    Yeah, I got that message a few days ago. Kind of sad the FAA "loses" a resource and can't tell you when it will be restored.