Thread: GNS430W service?

GNS430W service?

Does anyone know the current state of Garmin service on its GNS430W panel-mount? At one point it was around a grand to have your avioniker send it back to the factory for a complete O/H. Then I heard that they had stopped doing that for the non-WAAS units. Of course, mine has now developed avioniCOVID and probably needs the full treatment. I can't find out if Garmin is still doing it, and if so, how much it's gonna hurt.

Last time I asked, about 6 months ago, they were still fixing 430Ws, but had discontinued WAAS upgrades of non-WAAS 430s. Price was up to $1200, flat rate no matter what's wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyGoldstein View Post
    Last time I asked, about 6 months ago, they were still fixing 430Ws, but had discontinued WAAS upgrades of non-WAAS 430s. Price was up to $1200, flat rate no matter what's wrong with it.
    Yes, Garmin will fix everything wrong with your unit for a flat rate, but will no longer work on the non-WAAS version at all. That flat rate varies from $1500-2500 depending on your unit's part number and serial number, and it must be sent in by one of their authorized dealers. I'm biting that bullet on Monday (need a pitot-static/transponder cert as well) and will report back on how much it really hurt when I get the bill.

The good news is that the Garmin Avionics Tech Support phone service is excellent! Call 866-739-5687 M-F 0700-1900CST; I have yet to wait more than 30 seconds to be connected to a knowledgeable Support rep.