Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stop forums during airshows

Kevin, funny you should mention food trucks. I provided feedback comments about using more food trucks. Personally I think the HBC and Forums area would be a good fit. In today’s culinary world there are quite a few vendors that churn out some high end food. Additionally food trucks catering to an evening forums crowd would not compete with the daytime vendors. Seems like a win-win but what do I know
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    Kevin, funny you should mention food trucks. I provided feedback comments about using more food trucks. Personally I think the HBC and Forums area would be a good fit. In today’s culinary world there are quite a few vendors that churn out some high end food. Additionally food trucks catering to an evening forums crowd would not compete with the daytime vendors. Seems like a win-win but what do I know
    I agree, but I assume the vendors that are there are paying a hefty fee to have captive customers. If they opened the gates, I bet there are a ton of food trucks that would love to work the event.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not a clue on how that works but I don’t think it would take much to get one or two quality food trucks into that area. Again, if I were king for a day I would give it a go. It all depends on member participation. If it doesn’t pan out then not gonna happen in 2023.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    Not a clue on how that works but I don’t think it would take much to get one or two quality food trucks into that area. Again, if I were king for a day I would give it a go. It all depends on member participation. If it doesn’t pan out then not gonna happen in 2023.
    My kids were tickled they added chick-fil-a. Don’t understand the obsession, but they like that addition. As for food trucks there was a single food truck selling egg rolls. Not sure how they worked their way in but they were there so there is some precedent for food trucks. Like you all said, they should park a few outside the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by tnathan View Post
    My kids were tickled they added chick-fil-a. Don’t understand the obsession, but they like that addition. As for food trucks there was a single food truck selling egg rolls. Not sure how they worked their way in but they were there so there is some precedent for food trucks. Like you all said, they should park a few outside the forums.
    I must have missed that food truck. The only one I saw was the one by the Sky Shoppe that was selling Mexican food.

Quote Originally Posted by troy_m View Post
    I must have missed that food truck. The only one I saw was the one by the Sky Shoppe that was selling Mexican food.
    They were kind of quirky. They were parked by the eaa press house and the college/job tents.

Quote Originally Posted by troy_m View Post
    I found it on the Saturday or Sunday before convention. I love Asian, so tried them. $10 for 3 egg rolls. They were ok. I’ve had better and I’ve had worse. Only gripe was that the only sauce they had was condiment packets of duck sauce. Needed sweet sour sauce.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

I saw the egg roll guy too but when I went by I was either too early or late. Never saw the Mexican food truck. I was told about Chik Fil-a before the show. Not sure that setup qualifies as a food truck. They are a great outfit and treat the. kids really well. Hope they come back. Eons ago Johnsonville and McDonalds had similar trailers there once or twice. McD’s had a good strategy, they sold combos only and the price was in whole dollars but that was before debit cards existed. Their whole strategy was about speed. I think the individual food trucks got lost in the mix. Probably should have done strategically located mini food truck parks. Then it could be easily marked on the map for people to find.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime

Chick-fil-a did optimize their operation. Had a limited menu but the food flew out of the both lightening fast. If I get dragged there by my kids I prefer the souther hospitality, free refills at the real stores. But it was a welcome addition as far as my kids were concerned.

And it is funny you mention johnsonville. I am in Wisconsin and for me Wisconsin = brats. And Brats = Johnsonville. Half the booths were serving some low end knock offs. How hard is it to buy johnsonville? I will pay the extra buck. Sell the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by tnathan View Post
    That’s an idea but with Covid the mindset seems to be to spread people down the flightline.
    Your right . . . there'd be too many people congregated where the PA is turned off!