Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions - Comments - Complaints -Suggestions about AirVenture 2021 and 2022?

Questions - Comments - Complaints -Suggestions about AirVenture 2021 and 2022?

I sent my brief thoughts on the subject in an e-mail to feedback@eaa.org and did get a very friendly response from Dick Knapinski, the Director of Communications.

You can too should you be so moved.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Yeah, I've done that, also. At least you got a "response."

I reckon at least passing our nuggets of wisdom and experience up the old 'chain of command' is better than just grousing on the interwebs? I dunno if it will actually have an effect but at least they know my thoughts.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

I sent an email back on July 24 about the issues with the webcams. Haven't heard a thing............
    Rod Schneider
    RV-6 N164ME
    B-17F N3703G "The Movie Memphis Belle"
    B-17G N390TH "Liberty Belle"
    B-17G N3701G "Ye Olde Pub"
    Liberty Foundation

EAA Staff / Moderator
    Hello Rod -- if you sent an email within the past week or so (during AirVenture), please give it a little time. Our director of communications has to sift through hundreds if not thousands of emails during this time period and will get back to you as soon as he can. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    I sent my brief thoughts on the subject in an e-mail to feedback@eaa.org
    I sent in my thoughts as well. After this year's parking changes and the tram issues I wonder if the chalets are coming back next year?

Hey Sam, I’m sure y’all get flooded with feedback that ranges from legit to nonsensical. Do all the comments make it down to the functional area chairs and staff or is Dick “the” filter? This year I took advantage of being retired and started volunteering in mid June and have to admit the experience was great and it really changed a lot of my preconceived notions. As a 50 year member I can tell you the view looking in vs looking out is very different. Already planning for 2022!!!
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Oleson View Post
    Hello Rod -- if you sent an email within the past week or so (during AirVenture), please give it a little time. Our director of communications has to sift through hundreds if not thousands of emails during this time period and will get back to you as soon as he can. Thanks!
    Thank you Sam.
    Rod Schneider
    RV-6 N164ME
    B-17F N3703G "The Movie Memphis Belle"
    B-17G N390TH "Liberty Belle"
    B-17G N3701G "Ye Olde Pub"
    Liberty Foundation

Dick is a good guy. He was one of the first people at EAA to have an email address. I've talked to him on a number of issues over the year.

I was surprised to receive a very nice email from Dick. Really appreciated that.