Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems Dealing with The New Firewall Forward in Fort Collins, CO?

Quote Originally Posted by SWeidemann View Post
    So....do you have any experience with Don's? BTW he was recommended by one oft regular Luscombe suppliers.I would like to know.Skot
    PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    It would likely be a good idea to check the survey of overhaul shops that was done by Aviation Consumer in the last year. Firewall Forward was definitely not one one the approved ones. Two I recall were the one at Zephy Hills, Florida, and Penn Yan up in the northeast, think it has gotten good reviews for awhile.

A C also had a recent survey of good paint shops.
    I could use a good paint shop :-)

The other shop was listed Mattituck (I think it is spelled) the 4th was on the west coast.

I too have been a victim of The New Firewall Foreward. I took my Pitts up there in November for an overhaul, and I just got it back today (April 13). They told me it would take 4-6 weeks, and it took about 5 months of lies and missed delivery dates. I give instruction in this plane as well as thrill rides, so I've lost a lot of revenue because of this. Most of the time, they will not answer your calls, and then they will not call you back when they say they will. I finally had to talk to a lawyer and threaten them with a lawsuit before I saw any results. I was beginning to wonder if I would ever see my airplane again. Josh Richfield is the general manager, and he is a lying crook. He should be selling used cars in Vegas. Tom Lawson is the Sales rep., and he is also a lying crook. He was very helpful is getting me the quote, answering my phone calls with questions, Etc. He even flew me home in his personal airplane when I took my plane up there. After he received my deposit.........No more help from him....period. None. These scumbags have no business dealing with airplanes.

Here is the unfortunate thing; the mechanics do good work. Its not their fault that they are being managed by scumbags. My engine is flawless. It runs great, and it was put together perfectly. The shop is just being managed by liars. If they would just tell their customers the truth, I would not be writing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox Charlie View Post
    Here is the unfortunate thing; the mechanics do good work. Its not their fault that they are being managed by scumbags. My engine is flawless. It runs great, and it was put together perfectly. The shop is just being managed by liars. If they would just tell their customers the truth, I would not be writing this.
    And if the employees know what is going on they are probably looking for new jobs. I had a job I really liked, didn't pay quite as much as I wanted but I liked the job & the people I worked with. I found out that they weren't paying their bills, it was so bad the steel suppliers had the company on COD delivery terms, the drivers wouldn't allow the trucks to be unloaded until they had cash in hand - CASH, not a company check, because the company had "paid" them before with bad checks. I managed to get out of there before the owner went bankrupt.

I have been a customer and had my engine overhauled at The New Firewall forward this past Sept 2011 and just now comming forward with my opinion, hopefully to help others. DON'T TAKE YOUR ENGINE THERE (Unless you wan't to risk TNFF closing their doors in bankruptcy and trapping your engine/plane for years as litigation winds it way through the courts. Most everything I've seen posted on the net from sources EAA & other wbsites has happened to me. I feel lucky to have gotton my plane back, however the engine runs fine except for the oil leaks. I've had similar problems and cannot dispute any of the negative posts I've read. I'm not going to post any of my problems as others have already done a surperb job in depictiing all the lies & deceptions. Yes, I have contacted an attorney & the FAA about my problems with them. Just read all the blogs and believe that what was posted is there to help you. Again, in my opinion, it will be one of the biggest mistakes of your life to do business with The New Firewass Forward in Ft. Collins.

3.5 weeks ago I had a prop strike on a 172. This airplane is essential to income, and it was vital to get the airplane flying again. Firewall took the job and immediately went to work. My case was gone within 48 hours. Divco flipped the case very quickly in their terms. Firewall floated the repair while I waited for insurance money. At 3.5 weeks I had a fully put together engine which was running way better than when I originally gave it to them. Glenn, Kevin, and Frank worked on my engine, and those guys know their stuff inside and out. They are absolutely amazing with that engine. The 172 is now back in the air and students love the performance. I am grateful for their work. Excellent mechanics. I am sorry everyone has had a rough time with them, but that was not my experience at all.

A first time poster with no name or location listed suddenly praising this company. That doesn't look suspicious....

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by kmacht View Post
    A first time poster with no name or location listed suddenly praising this company. That doesn't look suspicious....

Keith

Just a little bit...

Post Airventure 2012 and after all these good posts about how many problems and issues there are with The New Firewall Forward still EAA gave them a booth to defraud more good people in the aviation community. One would think that with attendance dropping like a rock that the EAA would want to aid in the ever challenging environment out there by getting dirty operations out of such a premier show but with all my efforts the crooks were still set up to DEFRAUD people. Shame!!! In case they don't think it effects them ... my membership will never be renewed. Period.

For anyone that was unlucky enough to "Win" the engine overhaul at cost... please give me a call. WHATEVER you do don't take your plane to them!!!

D. Weatherald, did you ever call or inform EAA in any way about your trouble with Firewall Forward before the convention?

Are you the man from Canada with the Cessna 210, and if so, what finally happened with your plane?
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 08-21-2012 at 12:27 PM.